theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Plane Ticket Cost... ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056772)

Guest 30 Nov 17 09:31 AM

Plane Ticket Cost... ?

What price is a good price for a plane ticket to Orlando in October 2018? Just wondering what people have paid in the past? 7 people going, 3 adults 4 kids... Just wondering if I should buy now or wait...

Cheers

cornishfrogboy 30 Nov 17 09:41 AM

Where flying from? Direct/indirect? Will you consider Tampa, Daytona, Sanford? Approximate dates and length of stay? Class of seat? Can you book early or do you need to save? (Flydrives don't have to be cash up front).

More info needed.

Guest 30 Nov 17 09:52 AM

Details...

Hi,

Hopefully direct, Orlando, 15 nights, Economy and can book now... just really looking for a ballpark price that people have paid as a guide...

Cheers

GarstonPops 30 Nov 17 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bann (Post 12962886)
Hi,

Hopefully direct, Orlando, 15 nights, Economy and can book now... just really looking for a ballpark price that people have paid as a guide...

Cheers

We paid £480a £370c BA direct from Gatwick 10.10.17 14 days but had already booked by this time last year.

Guest 30 Nov 17 11:49 AM

As you probably already know, there are various permutation on flight pricing, where are you flying from, direct or indirect, with or without car hire etc. We normally flight out of Edinburgh with United on an indirect route, no direct flights out of Edinburgh. Edinburgh to Orlando via Newark return, we are happy to pay £500 per adult on this preferred route. Unfortunately United have overpriced this route for our holiday in September 2018, although the flight price may well drop in the coming months.
Anyway we are 6 adults & 1 child flying with BA out of Edinburgh to Orlando via Heathrow & Miami (yes 2 stops, not ideal) although our return flight is Orlando to Edinburgh via Gatwick, the price including a 7 seater Minivan for 14 days with Avis is £2723.

cornishfrogboy 30 Nov 17 12:07 PM

My target price on a direct would be £525pp out of Gatwick.

Don't write off indirects completely. They can work out better and also, they bring many other carriers into the market. This makes for more competitive faring. These other issues are worth considering..

Remember that for many, Heathrow works much better and creates a much shorter/better journey from your home than Gatwick. (Especially when coming up from the Southwest). Indirects are nearly always from Heathrow if opting for London departures.

When you arrive in MCO in your very large jet, along with many other large jets, you then have to do immigration and customs. At both MCO and MIA this has taken over 4 hours, then the baggage, then the carpick up . It can be chaos and very time consuming.

Indirects can go via Atlanta or similar, where your ideal 3 to 3.5 hr layover can be used to do immigration and customs, plus hopefully a leg stretch. Your connection, generally in a small aircraft then takes you straight in to Florida where you just go straight to the baggage carousel. Your Bags come up quick on a smaller jet!

You don't have to go to MCO or MIA. There are several regionals which will cost little or no more that are very convenient for Orlando or Davenport, Polk, Kissimmee. You can consider Tampa , Daytona, both within 1 hr 25 of Orlando. If you do this, it can work very well in planning. For instance, if you intend visiting BG, Cape Kennedy Venice, Clearwater, Cocoa Beach, Key West (has an airport) or similar then you can overnight in hotels and cut right down on driving, doing a ribbon rather than loads of return journeys. Time saved!

On your return, you can leave from where you like and you don't see your baggage till you get home. I would reccomend a 3 hour layover coming in and a 1 hour going home.

For instance on our last break in the Easter hols, we arrived in Pensacola via Atlanta with a 3 hr layover. We then and in a line, visited USS Alabama, Pensacola, Destin, Tampa for Busch, Kissimmee and then Daytona. We left from the lovely little Daytona Beach airport with a 1 hr layover at Atlanta. 15 nights, £435 pp with Delta. Our total drive (bear in mind Destin to Tampa was 445 miles) was 1100 miles including park journeys.

There are lots of options and dibbers can give me millions of ideas. Whilst direct in and out of MCO with one location to stay at suits very many people, it is not the only option.

There is an awful lot in Florida and with careful planning, you can see more of it and easily.

themcqz 2 Dec 17 10:31 AM

I got booked yesterday from edi via Gatwick to mco and via phi on return £1250 2 adults 2 kids thought that was a good deal.

cornishfrogboy 2 Dec 17 11:40 AM

I also think that this is a very good deal. Who with?

Bal 3 Dec 17 09:14 PM

We got indirect from Manchester via PHL over Oct school holidays for £368 each this year if that helps. That economy with AA.

amandajane10 3 Dec 17 11:29 PM

I would be happy with £500 direct