theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Animal Kingdom best plan? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056836)

benali11 30 Nov 17 10:26 PM

Animal Kingdom best plan?

Hi, We have not stayed on site before and only have a choice of 2 days for Animal Kingdom one of which is our 1st full day there and is also an EMH day - is it best to use EMH and go in early, try and do as much as possible and book FPs for late morning - afternoon or book FPs for the morning and try and get more later in the day or to avoid the EMH day? Grateful for Any advice for a plan of attack to get the main rides/attractions done until the flight/times catch us up! Thanks

Disneyphile 30 Nov 17 10:32 PM

I would go to EMH. As it’s your first day you will be up really early anyway and you can hopefully get quite a lot done before the park opens to everyone. I would book fast passes from 11am onwards. We normally return to the hotel mid-afternoon on the first day for a swim and a rest as it takes a while to adjust to the change in time zones.

YorkshireT 30 Nov 17 10:56 PM

Agree with above. Get there for rope drop, obviously if you can get FOP FP, but if not get there 30 mins min before rope drop. Ideal scenario FOP FP from 11 onwards or preferably just after lunch about 2pm. Get in rope drop, do the other rides, first FP kicking in circa 10.30 second about 11.30, lunch, FOP, leave at 2.30 - 3 ish.

Guest 1 Dec 17 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benali11 (Post 12963706)
Hi, We have not stayed on site before and only have a choice of 2 days for Animal Kingdom one of which is our 1st full day there and is also an EMH day - is it best to use EMH and go in early, try and do as much as possible and book FPs for late morning - afternoon or book FPs for the morning and try and get more later in the day or to avoid the EMH day? Grateful for Any advice for a plan of attack to get the main rides/attractions done until the flight/times catch us up! Thanks

I would use the extra morning hours but avoid any extra evening hours - not fun in our experience. On extra morning hours, I would book FP from late morning onwards.

Nimbus 1 Dec 17 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benali11 (Post 12963706)

I'd agree with the others and vote for "use EMH and go in early, try and do as much as possible and book FPs for late morning - afternoon".

Book 3 FPs from 10:30am (ish) onwards. Get to AK's entrance about half an hour before EMH starts. Head for Pandora and do the ride you haven't fastpassed, then head to the rest of the park and do as much as you can before your first fastpass comes round. Watch a couple of the shows in the afternoon when you start to get tired. Then head back to your room mid/late afternoon.

Alices Aunt 4 Dec 17 10:25 PM

Go in early before opening and if you straight to navi river journey the queue doesn’t build quickly. We had a 10 min wait the week before thanks giving (on 2 different days). Get FOP whenever you can even if it’s earlier than people are saying as the queue does build really quickly. We couldn’t get one at all for our first day and that was booking 60 days out. I gotta fp on 3 other days but not our first.

We had ours for 10:30 so perfect. Gave us time to get breakfast and check out other rides

thefourDs 7 Dec 17 10:18 PM

I too would do the emh 😁

grinner82 8 Dec 17 10:54 AM

Due to the new land, Animal kingdom gets rammed, in Oct FOP was at 310 minutes pretty early. People were waiting long before rope drop, and its all a bit mad really. We had a FP for it, and personally its the way forward.

I hate rushing etc so I would use EMH but head to other attractions such as Safari , Kali rapids, Everest then FOP as your first Fast pass, which for us was 11.

Its a very good ride, but I would still not wait 300 minutes! As for Navi river, well I was underwhelmed to say the least.

captbnut 11 Dec 17 02:33 PM

We did it at EMH on our second day. We had FOP FP for later in the holiday so ignored Pandora. The rest of the park was like a ghost town! We did this twice - first time we did EE twice with no queue, then felt sick! Did Kali 3 times with no queue before Safari. Second time my eldest loved the spinny coaster. We went round 4 times without getting off!

YorkshireT 11 Dec 17 02:37 PM

By next summer the hot ticket will be Slinky Coaster. I'm hoping to do the EMH at AK and get my FOP fast pass early afternoon, to take advantage of a quiet park in EMH.
I'm hoping I'll score a FP for Slinky, I'll be keeping an eye on the boards for when it opens.