theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Salmon paste - good for poor people (like me) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131660)

mickey house 4 Jun 19 08:30 PM

Salmon paste - good for poor people (like me)

It has been decades since I bought salmon paste, and by chance I bought some today and put it on bread. It brought back a lot of memories when I was young (when the grass was greener, the sky was bluer and smiles were bright), although it's mainly for poor people (like me) it is better than going hungry.

If you too are poor, please buy some salmon paste.

greekgranny 4 Jun 19 08:38 PM

Love salmon and crab spread, especially in whole grain bread sandwiches, even better with cucumber in said sarnie.

Floridarules 4 Jun 19 08:39 PM

Used to love these as a child- might try to recreate my youth 👍

Lindaelaine 4 Jun 19 08:39 PM

I like salmon paste with cucumber in a sandwich yet haven't had it for ages , that and the M&S beef paste , I must get some in , thanks for reminding me about it 😊

Macca04 4 Jun 19 08:41 PM

I’m sure we had shrimp spread, could be dreaming though. I remember my mum buying s pink tin of salmon and adding tomato sauce so it looked like the more expensive red salmon. Oh the good old days.

Jaspercat10 4 Jun 19 08:41 PM

Ohh I used to like the beef one as a child made a change from dripping 😉

Bozza 4 Jun 19 08:42 PM

In a bizarre coincidence, on the community forum I run, someone started a thread today about having paste in their sandwiches.

This was their paste. He must be even poorer than you MH. The poster in question on my site is also a bit of a card, just like you.

disney332 4 Jun 19 08:43 PM

Got some in the fridge

Disney32

mickey house 4 Jun 19 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 13884794)
In a bizarre coincidence, on the community forum I run, someone started a thread today about having paste in their sandwiches.

This was their paste. He must be even poorer than you MH. The poster in question on my site is also a bit of a card, just like you.

I guess I must be considerably richer than him to be able to afford princes salmon paste:grin:

When you say he is a card like me, does a 'card' mean he's also a mentalist?

Hudson 4 Jun 19 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey house (Post 13884750)
It has been decades since I bought salmon paste, and by chance I bought some today and put it on bread. It brought back a lot of memories when I was young (when the grass was greener, the sky was bluer and smiles were bright), although it's mainly for poor people (like me) it is better than going hungry.

If you too are poor, please buy some salmon paste.

Poor? You're just showing off...I could only dream of having something as exotic as salmon paste on my sandwiches for school:cry:
Lemon curd or raspberry jam on ours...no need for an afters