theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Weather in Feb and only a week..! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137558)

Ellibop 19 Jul 19 07:41 PM

Weather in Feb and only a week..!

Hi,

I'm on the brink of booking a week in Feb, just staying in Anaheim and doing 4 days at Disney and a couple of days doing other things. Is it generally nice weather in February or will it be too cold for eg a day at the beach?

Also, it's quite a long flight and I'm a bit wary of just going for a week, but on the other hand I really want to visit Disneyland. Any thoughts/experience gratefully received.

Thanks

Ellibop 20 Jul 19 10:35 AM

Cripes - have just priced it all up including park tickets and it's REALLY expensive! Am now thinking I'd best hang fire and keep an eye out for any sales. Can't really justify that price just for a week!:cry:

daytonababe 23 Jul 19 04:45 PM

Most likely too cold for the beach

I’ve been several times early / mid March .

Weather is changeable we’ve had a lot of heavy rain as well as nice sunny days . But it’s almost always very windy at the beaches .

Personally I won’t do the west coast for a week anymore , I have but it’s a long way and a heck of a time difference

red cuillen 23 Jul 19 05:28 PM

Yep, LA does have winter weather, also the parks will take rides out for maintenance over the quieter months of Jan Feb.

megaflyer 24 Jul 19 08:22 AM

I was there for New Year this year 10 days around Southern California and Vegas for a night . I had a couple of days in the sun and on the beach for a few hours (Laguna)! And it was really hot in Palm Springs but rest of the time it was cold and wet esp in Vegas and snow near Victorville where I was staying . A very mixed bag

Gemsie0812 24 Jul 19 11:54 AM

We've booked Mid March for a week - We got a fly drive with BA for £1050 for 2A and 1C so we just thought to heck with it and booked it!

We're doing 3 days Anaheim 2 days San Diego and 2 Days in Hollywood then travelling home. Will be full on - but I'm sure we'll enjoy it :)

Ellibop 26 Jul 19 07:55 PM

Thank you for the replies. Don't think I fancy risking getting bad weather unless I find a real bargain like Gemsie!

Ellibop 26 Jul 19 07:58 PM

Gemsie - your trip sounds amazing, and mid March should be getting warmer. I'd love to visit San Diego. Need to keep looking for these bargain flights!

lizzie145 27 Jul 19 07:29 PM

I've been looking at going for a week, just me and there are flights with VA for less than £500 return end of January
Haven't priced up hotels or tickets for Disney and universal yet

mason1 28 Jul 19 06:13 AM

We’ve booked a fly drive for Feb half term (£1350 for 4 of us). We’re using it as a taster, and hopefully return in a couple of years to do a 3 week trip around Southern California. Not too bothered about the weather, it’s got to be better than here 😁