theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Neighbour interrogating potential buyers. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1203608)

Feebee2 13 Sep 21 08:51 PM

Neighbour interrogating potential buyers.

Don't know if there's much we can do.
We are selling my mother's bungalow, it's in a small complex in a tourist hot spot.
The estate agent contacted us last week saying the neighbour is coming out and interrogating potential buyers.
I saw the neighbour and asked her not to do it and she agreed
However again this morning the EA on the phone saying again the neighbour is out quizzing people they are showing around.
And God help anyone who goes for a quiet walk by.
According to the neighbour these people have been very rude to her, probably in response to her questioning.
Anyhow we have another viewing where the potential buyers have said they will view in spite of the neighbour!
Any advice?

123 13 Sep 21 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feebee2 (Post 15135224)
Don't know if there's much we can do.
We are selling my mother's bungalow, it's in a small complex in a tourist hot spot.
The estate agent contacted us last week saying the neighbour is coming out and interrogating potential buyers.
I saw the neighbour and asked her not to do it and she agreed
However again this morning the EA on the phone saying again the neighbour is out quizzing people they are showing around.
And God help anyone who goes for a quiet walk by.
According to the neighbour these people have been very rude to her, probably in response to her questioning.
Anyhow we have another viewing where the potential buyers have said they will view in spite of the neighbour!
Any advice?

Ask the neighbour nicely to refrain, offer to keep the neighbour up to date with your decision

Ultimately there is nothing you can do to stop a person talking to another person though

duchy 13 Sep 21 09:51 PM

Hmmm , maybe you can.
See if your local PCO will have a quiet word with her about harassing your viewers.

Alternatively give us the address and we can ALL go for a quiet walk by ;)

Or …….. find a friend to knock on her door and ask her if SHE is an acceptable neighbour ;)

Sorry , we used to have an insane neighbour and had we wanted to sell whilst they were still there we’d probably have similar problems , it really isn’t funny .

2point 13 Sep 21 09:59 PM

If you try to do anything official then you'd probably have to declare that as a dispute with a neighbour in the selling pack?

Mr Tom Morrow 13 Sep 21 10:07 PM

Put a sign outside. Neighbour has Covid.:spin:

sam7 13 Sep 21 10:08 PM

Is the estate agent doing the viewing? I would have expected an estate agent to have received some training in how to put a positive angle on this (on the plus side you know your property is going to be secure with good neighbourhood watch), and also how to deflect the questions and move the new viewers on. I would talk to them and ask if maybe a more experience staff member could conduct the viewings.

duchy 13 Sep 21 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2point (Post 15135278)
If you try to do anything official then you'd probably have to declare that as a dispute with a neighbour in the selling pack?

That’s why I suggested a quiet unofficial word by the PCO ……although it appears all the viewers know already about the issue anyway !

tfmay 13 Sep 21 10:17 PM

I would attend the viewing to see what exactly is happening if time/distance allows to see if the neighbour does it when you are there.
Maybe just as they arrive suggest you’d love to look at her kitchen/cup of tea at her house 😂

Michyloulou 13 Sep 21 10:22 PM

I’d find that infuriating- and it could put potential buyers off if they think they’re living next to a busy body. Do you know what they’re asking buyers about? If not, could you get a friend to do a viewing and report back?

Love*my*hols 13 Sep 21 10:24 PM

You mentioned it is in a tourist hot spot...wonder if she's checking if they are going to be living in the house,or second home owners ?