theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   $200 gift card - paying off tips (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1005691)

adorey 12 Feb 17 05:19 PM

$200 gift card - paying off tips

So after months of picking up handy tips on this forum I notice that a lot of people use the $200 gift card to pay off tips from their table service meals towards the end of their visit.

Can I ask what is the latest day during your visit that you can postpone paying the final bill from an onsite Disney resort?

I'm not planning to visit Disney springs to pick up the gift card until the second to last day of my trip but am unsure if my resort will demand full payment of any outstanding balances before then?

I hope this makes sense! :confused2

loves2plan 12 Feb 17 05:21 PM

The credit card on file won't be charged until the night before you check out, so you just need to do it before then :)

grinner82 12 Feb 17 05:22 PM

From memory it will bill you the day before checkout. We got a slip through the door giving us a breakdown of spends, but you can obviously go to the reception and request / pay this off anytime.

I used my magic band for charging most items to the room, this saved carrying cash around. Found this very easy.

sha9 12 Feb 17 05:22 PM

Sometimes not even then. We had a small balance left to pay at OKW and they left a message on the room phone asking us to pay it. I wouldn't risk it though and would pay it the day before check out as Vickie says.

Guest 12 Feb 17 05:24 PM

You only have to pay your room bill before your last day if you reach its limit. Then it starts charging all over again.

Limits are $1500 for Value and Moderate resorts. $2000 at De Luxe.

adorey 12 Feb 17 05:24 PM

Thanks, I shall bear that in mind!

LLamb 12 Feb 17 07:19 PM

I had our gift card and completely forgot to pay the night before check out.
So my card was charged for the room bill, but the lady on reception credited $200 back when I gave the gift card to her.
Just need to watch out for the exchange rate, I actually made a few cents!

sully301 12 Feb 17 07:26 PM

they took from our card when it reached $1000 so if you want to make sure you can pay off with a gift card or cash i would do little and often. I ended up bringing home lots of cash which i didn't want. This was last October.

Guest 12 Feb 17 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully301 (Post 12281995)
they took from our card when it reached $1000 so if you want to make sure you can pay off with a gift card or cash i would do little and often. I ended up bringing home lots of cash which i didn't want. This was last October.

The limits I quoted were brought in August 2015.

sully301 12 Feb 17 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffa (Post 12282024)
The limits I quoted were brought in August 2015.

they may well have been, just informing people of my experience so they don't get caught out too.