theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   The Orlando checklist (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1144415)

wdwlife 4 Sep 19 03:20 PM

The Orlando checklist

Strangely panicking about our trip this year even although we've been twice so you could say we know what to expect but I feel like I'm missing some important things off this little checklist I've started.

We go in 10 weeks so not urgent, although it'll come round quick.

Please feel free to add anything you would have on your checklist, it might give me ideas or inspiration for other things.

Passports,
ESTAs,
Dollars,
Travel insurance,
Clothes purchases,
Phone chargers,
Extension cable,
Decide what magic bands we'd like,
Attraction tickets,
Backpack for the parks,
General medicines,
Check-in for flights,
Park itinerary,
First fast pass day date

I really feel like I'm missing plenty of things here, like small practical things?

Also we're staying offsite so I was wondering if it is possible to purchase magic bands online to pick up somewhere in Disney or will we have to wait till we get there? The past twice we've waited until we go there .

Lindsk 4 Sep 19 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwlife (Post 14054379)
Strangely panicking about our trip this year even although we've been twice so you could say we know what to expect but I feel like I'm missing some important things off this little checklist I've started.

We go in 10 weeks so not urgent, although it'll come round quick.

Please feel free to add anything you would have on your checklist, it might give me ideas or inspiration for other things.

Passports,
ESTAs,
Dollars,
Travel insurance,
Clothes purchases,
Phone chargers,
Extension cable,
Decide what magic bands we'd like,
Attraction tickets,
Backpack for the parks,
General medicines,
Check-in for flights,
Park itinerary,
First fast pass day date

I really feel like I'm missing plenty of things here, like small practical things?

Also we're staying offsite so I was wondering if it is possible to purchase magic bands online to pick up somewhere in Disney or will we have to wait till we get there? The past twice we've waited until we go there .

Maybe drivers licence if you don't want to carry your passports around. We find them useful. You said chargers so you may include the plug converters in this - we always take 2 or 3.
Also, do you have a card such as Revolut or similar? We only use this as it gives us a better exchange rate (and means we don't have to get cash out and get charged for the pleasure).
I also take little sandwich bags for the tv remotes and kitchen wipes (call me OTT but reading some posts on hotels rooms and experiences, I have decided that I would rather do this- google it if you haven't read them and you aren't eating when reading)

Like you say, I am sure there are a lot more things but these are the first that I thought of

wdwlife 4 Sep 19 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsk (Post 14054398)
Maybe drivers licence if you don't want to carry your passports around. We find them useful. You said chargers so you may include the plug converters in this - we always take 2 or 3.
Also, do you have a card such as Revolut or similar? We only use this as it gives us a better exchange rate (and means we don't have to get cash out and get charged for the pleasure).
I also take little sandwich bags for the tv remotes and kitchen wipes (call me OTT but reading some posts on hotels rooms and experiences, I have decided that I would rather do this- google it if you haven't read them and you aren't eating when reading)

Like you say, I am sure there are a lot more things but these are the first that I thought of

Thanks, I'll add some of these onto my list!

Admin can someone move this thread into the trip planning section?

neatfrk 4 Sep 19 03:43 PM

Little baggie of coins to toss into wishing wells and fountains spread all over the parks.

Order used pins for trading off Amazon, pack extra backers.

External USB chargers

Band-aids (or plasters I think you Brits call them)

Sun screen / sun glasses

neatfrk 4 Sep 19 03:54 PM

Thought of a few more:

Disposable plastic ponchos
Autograph book & sharpies
Gum

Mel49 4 Sep 19 04:04 PM

The DIbb guidebook has a very comprehensive checklist which may help :- https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Pac...list-p-90.html

Ninja 4 Sep 19 08:33 PM

If staying in a hotel in the same room, air freshner!:erm::confused2:d:

Loobylou_82 4 Sep 19 09:57 PM

How you getting to airport? Taxi booked or car park at airport or train tickets purchased?

taylaboo 4 Sep 19 11:16 PM

Photocopies of passports, driving licence, Esta, park tickets, holiday confirmation.
Plasters, ibuprofen/paracetamol
Immodium instants
Teabags/coffee
Water bottle
Wipes (put them in the fridge overnight and use them to cool down)
Plastic macs
Sandwich bags to put your phone in on water rides