theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Any ideas? Lump on finger (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149240)

Ellelledee 12 Oct 19 04:28 PM

Any ideas? Lump on finger

Any ideas what this lump is on my finger? I first really noticed it in Florida 2 weeks ago - I thought I’d been bitten. It’s not exactly sore but it sometimes is a little bit sore and red but I think that is because I’m aware of it and keep touching it. Someone told me to go to the doctors but I’m not really inclined to go to the doctors unless I really have to and I feel like I’m wasting a doctors time with just s little lump on my finger. But I just keep thinking what can it be?
I do have a bit of a lump on the knuckle of my thumb and so I partly wonder if it could the stars of arthritis or something.
(Please ignore my nails I’m having them done Wednesday 😂😂. )

sully301 12 Oct 19 04:32 PM

can't see anything...

Jakey Neverland 12 Oct 19 04:52 PM

Pic hasn't loaded x

Ellelledee 12 Oct 19 05:40 PM

Sorry I am so rubbish at uploading pics on here

ROBBOTOO 12 Oct 19 05:50 PM

Could be a ganglion perhaps.

ASheppard 12 Oct 19 05:53 PM

I’ve had the same (still got them) on 4 fingers. I think mine are arthritis but I’m no expert! I did ask my doctor and he didn’t know either.

Posiesmum 12 Oct 19 05:57 PM

If it is arthritis you do need to get it diagnosed and start some treatment. If left the joints can degenerate and become damaged. My arthritis started in exactly the same way.

Guest 12 Oct 19 06:02 PM

Mine is similar and was diagnosed with gout a few years ago,mine always flares up on holiday,I have it now.

NikNak 12 Oct 19 06:25 PM

I have swelling like that on the same joint of one of my fingers. My GP referred me to Rheumatology and I had an appointment on Monday and they confirmed I have Psoriatic Arthritis (I have had really bad psoriasis for years). It's not bothering me much at all at the moment however I am pregnant now and my psoriasis has improved greatly too so they're going to leave things as they are until baby is here and review things then. If it is some kind of arthritis it's best to get it checked sooner rather than later in case any damage is being caused to the bone (that's what my GP told me anyway!).

Ellelledee 12 Oct 19 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASheppard (Post 14122896)
I’ve had the same (still got them) on 4 fingers. I think mine are arthritis but I’m no expert! I did ask my doctor and he didn’t know either.

The thing is I hate going to the docs anyway and I have had at times where I’ll feel a sudden pricking sensation n then it swells and there is a bruise at the joint. I asked a chemist who said better to see a doctor but when I asked my doctor he had no idea.
The lump on my thumb - it’s just on the thumb joint, it’s just odd shaped. It’s never been overly sore and this one on this finger it was sore on holiday but more like the skin was sore like when you get a paper cut that’s why I thought it was a bite.
I just looked at gout and it said re red meat and alcohol and sugary things but I don’t eat any red meat at all, I don’t drink and I’m not a fan of sugary foods or snacks so what would’ve made it flare up on holiday? I wondered re vanilla latte - I had 1 every day in the hotel Starbucks but I have 1 a day of the ready made ones at home.