theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   The Duchess does DLP - Final Thoughts (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1051613)

Melanie R 12 Oct 17 08:06 PM

The Duchess does DLP - Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

I have written this Trippie mainly for my own benefit so that I can look back on a time in my life when I was dealing with a situation I never expected to find myself in, and to hopefully realise just how far I’ve come.

The 6 months leading up to taking this trip saw me at one of the lowest points in my life,my marriage had come to an end and I was having to relearn how to live my life alone, something which I know lots of people go through, so I hope in some small way this will also help others who may be going through similar to realise that things do improve and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

For me, a huge part of moving on was to find a way to enjoy Disney without my ex husband, as Disney and DLP in particular had always been our special place. I can look back on this trip with good memories because whilst it was one of the hardest things to do, it truly was a healing experience and genuinely marked the start of my new life - I came home with a whole new energy and outlook on life, and whilst there are still occasional wobbles this was without doubt my turning point.

I can’t end this report without acknowledging Anna and Rachel. I met these 2 amazing ladies at the Dibbcast Grand Day Out and I believe they came into my life for a reason - they will never fully appreciate how big a role they have played in helping me turn my life around. They invited me to take my trip to coincide with theirs, and they made it possible for me to actually have some fun on what was an incredibly emotional visit - I have made friends for life in these 2 ladies and I cannot thank them enough for what they did for me on this trip. The feeling I had when I met up with them at the Disneyland Hotel and we all had a hug and a cry will stay with me forever - this was the defining moment of my trip and the moment I knew that the Disney magic was still there for me even though I was now single.
Anna and Rachel - thank you from the bottom of my heart :heart:

Lizzim 12 Oct 17 08:12 PM

Mel,

So glad you had a great trip where you started to feel the magic of Disney again :)

Beaker7929 12 Oct 17 09:09 PM

Aw such lovely words, from a wonderful friend. It was an absolute pleasure to share our trip with you and we wouldn’t have had it any other way. Can’t wait to do it all again...especially as you need to hold my hand on ToT! :pgig:

Blondie1979 12 Oct 17 09:38 PM

Mel it was an honour to be part of such a momentous trip for you and I am humbled by such a beautiful thank you.
We really did have a fabulous time with some magical memories made. Can't wait to do it all over again in January and I am particularly looking forward to dragging Rachel on our favourite ride again! 😉
Cocktails are already being planned and new memories are just around the corner ❤️
All my love, your friend, A xxx

hornetgirl 12 Oct 17 11:14 PM

I'm glad you got round to finishing your trip report Mel. It's great to hear you sounding so positive at the finish as it was clearly a very emotional trip for you. Wishing you bigger and better things as you move forward xx

Guest 13 Oct 17 12:23 PM

As a member of the DIBBcast I know what great "girls" Anna and Rachel are and what supportive friends they would be. Then again, you are pretty formidable yourself Duchess. I mean that in a nice way. It's been a long haul but you've got there and your love for Disney had helped bring you through it all.

Together - you 3 are frightening!

Gryff 13 Oct 17 12:55 PM

So glad it was a turning point for you and I'm sure the girls were amazing

EJSakaAnna 13 Oct 17 08:24 PM

What a lovely conclusion to your report! Sounds like you had a great trip, even with the odd wobble. What a strong woman you are! Lovely to have some DIBB friends to support you too :). Thanks for sharing your report with us xx

rummy63 14 Oct 17 12:31 AM

Bloody hell Mel.
I read this and started to cry again, all I can say is you will come through this and all you will regret is the wasted time.
You will now go through a period of resentment.
Eventually your life will become carefree and happy. Go out with who you want, when you want in the mean time" the first one" has now had the "2 year get over it".
OOPS "sex is boring now and there is nothing else
OOPS "she used to look nice for me, now she doesn't bother". Perhaps I made a mistake.
DONT GO THERE!
There really should be a first wives club on here! .
I could write the script!

MrsBC 18 Oct 17 04:13 PM

Aw, well done you - I'm in bits here! and we still haven't seen the mugs! x