theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thomas cook (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128570)

Tifa 13 May 19 05:53 PM

Thomas cook

Just had a email ping that Thomas cook have changed our return flight seats . As we have paid for where we want them are they allowed to do this as our old seats are still empty . We don't fly out till October so quite a few seats are still empty. And the seats they have moved us to are cheaper and we've had no word of refund

Kat11 13 May 19 06:05 PM

They did this to me last year. Just do an online chat and get them to move you back if your original seats are still free.

I think it's some kinda computer glitch as only some of our party had been moved and not others, they said it was probably due to plane change but he didn't know why really.

Kat

Tifa 13 May 19 07:23 PM

Thanks just done this and he wants us to pay the 25 pound per seat again to then refund it back to us. We have not got a hundred pounds to pay. He says it the only way it can be done.
The flight had been changed and it was a computer glitch he said.

Kat11 13 May 19 07:43 PM

We didn’t need to pay again, don’t know why you’d need too? Try chat again and see if you can get someone else who will do it. It can’t be that hard to move seats. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Kat

darsch1982 13 May 19 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tifa (Post 13841973)
Thanks just done this and he wants us to pay the 25 pound per seat again to then refund it back to us. We have not got a hundred pounds to pay. He says it the only way it can be done.
The flight had been changed and it was a computer glitch he said.

Ive sent you a PM with contact

Yorkie Girl 13 May 19 08:18 PM

We’ve just had this too. They’ve moved our seats but ours are still empty! So frustrating to have to rebook the right seats.

andyb1126 13 May 19 09:31 PM

Did this to us too as they swapped the plane and the allocation didnt transfer properly. I had to phone up to get them switched back and I dont know if they realised but 3 days later, the cost of our seat selection was refunded back on to my credit card! :)

Tifa 13 May 19 10:12 PM

So I went on Twitter and told them I was unhappy and in 3 dm it was all sorted and changed back thankfully. I can not believe the first man on Thomas cook website was wanting us to pay and that was the only way to do it. Shows you just have to get the right person to talk to. Thanks all for replies.

ChrisJoandBen89 14 May 19 08:15 AM

It is a bit ridiculous. Our pre booked seats have been moved twice. The first time it happened, I tried to amend back to our original seats online as they were still free, and it wanted me to pay for the new seats, then be refunded for the original seats, even though the cost was exactly the same! I wasn't doing that, so called them up, and a helpful lady dealt with it in a few minutes for us. The second time they moved our seats was to the XL seats in Row 8 (or maybe Row 9, I need to check) I left that as it was :pgig:

signtalker 14 May 19 10:29 AM

Happened to us a few weeks ago, had to pay aagain and get refunded for the exact same seats we already had, madness

Jules