theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   combined onsite and i drive holiday - tell me about it (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129297)

Alien 19 May 19 08:40 AM

combined onsite and i drive holiday - tell me about it

If you like to stay onsite and offsite - please share some info on it. We are thinking 2 weeks onsite and 1 offiste, but while offsite potentially also have another night at Universal. Would love to read anything and everything about your mixed holiday and if you have trip reports- please share them with me

Where do you stay offsite, do you find moving from hotel to hotel bothersome etc

Jimsdadhalifax 19 May 19 09:45 AM

Done this many times - we enjoy staying at different hotels and it breaks things up a bit. Generally we would do

10 nights at Disney
6 staying on I drive for Seaworld and Busch Gardens
5 nights at Universal

If you are doing a night or two at one hotel, just pack one case with clothes / essentials for that and leave all your other stuff in the suitcases

Mexy02 19 May 19 09:48 AM

We are doing 5 nights onsite and 9 at Bahama Bay . One case will have the first 5 nights stuff in the other will remain closed . We will just wash everything we’ve worn when we get to the condo. It will be interesting sharing a room for a longer period as we all like our own space.

Jimsdadhalifax 19 May 19 09:48 AM

On I drive we have stayed at Rosen Centre / Plaza / Inn / Pointe / International - liked them all and in that order. Also The Castle (disappointing) Embassy Suites (good)

I Drive is totally different to Disney - like being on a different holiday. I would recommend it, Disney is fabulous but some time outside 'the bubble' is also great.

ginger ninja 19 May 19 10:01 AM

We are doing 2 nights universal, 4 nights Springhill suites on idrive, then 14 nights at AKL with our DVC. We like to end at Disney and like to chill towards the end of the holiday, so no moving around then. We love idrive for the convenience of walking to all the different restaurants and we love Disney for that bubble feeling.:D:D

Lorry69 19 May 19 01:41 PM

Last year we booked a beautiful villa at Highlands Reserve in Davenport for our first week then two nights at Sapphire Falls. Our last two weeks were at Saratoga Springs Resort in Disney. We were’nt too sure whether to do the villa at the beginning of the holiday or at the end, but we were glad of being well rested before taking on Disney.

Alien 20 May 19 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginger ninja (Post 13853124)
We are doing 2 nights universal, 4 nights Springhill suites on idrive, then 14 nights at AKL with our DVC. We like to end at Disney and like to chill towards the end of the holiday, so no moving around then. We love idrive for the convenience of walking to all the different restaurants and we love Disney for that bubble feeling.:D:D

Did you do them in this order?

Alien 20 May 19 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorry69 (Post 13853626)
We were’nt too sure whether to do the villa at the beginning of the holiday or at the end, but we were glad of being well rested before taking on Disney.

I am kind of wondering the same

Juliemack 20 May 19 06:56 AM

We've done lots of different combinations but mostly we have done 12 nights on IDrive at the Rosen Plaza/Embassy Suites and our last week renting DVC points at either The Boardwalk or Saratoga Springs.

Jakey Neverland 20 May 19 09:11 AM

We had 3 weeks and did 10 days Disney and 10 days Villa. It was a perfect combo for us.