theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Afternoon Tea on Virgin (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1124204)

act1980 16 Apr 19 09:18 PM

Afternoon Tea on Virgin

I’m flying out to Orlando in UC this August and just wondered if Virgin will serve afternoon tea on the flight? Our flight time is 10am which is the same time I’ve flown out to LA in UC where they did serve it. Wondering if they do the same for Orlando? Anyone know?

Thanks! 😊

TinselAngel 16 Apr 19 09:21 PM

They always have done in EC. Just a sandwich, crisps and some sort of brownie thing

EssexSue 16 Apr 19 09:39 PM

We had a sandwich and a scone in economy in February.

Mr Tom Morrow 16 Apr 19 09:39 PM

We did the VS27 in early March. Full selection of sandwiches, choice of cakes from which you choose what you want. Plus scone, jam and cream.
The best part for me was 3 mugs of coffee:)

act1980 16 Apr 19 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 13788588)
We did the VS27 in early March. Full selection of sandwiches, choice of cakes from which you choose what you want. Plus scone, jam and cream.
The best part for me was 3 mugs of coffee:)

Thanks Tom! Do they still bring them out on those little tiered plates? It’s been a couple of years since I’ve flown at that time of day so haven’t experienced it for a while.

Mr Tom Morrow 16 Apr 19 10:09 PM

Sadly no. The tiered plates have gone. I have the menu and some photos on my phone I think. I will dig it out in the morning.
Just found one. I will go onto my phone now.

Had to show the view!

Can’t find the cakes sorry. I can take more pics in 2 weeks if you like

tspill 16 Apr 19 10:29 PM

Unfortunately Virgin stopped their proper "afternoon tea" service some time ago.
They do still serve afternoon tea in that you get sandwiches etc. But it is just a normal type service without the tiered tray etc.

speedwayfan 16 Apr 19 10:29 PM

You also tend to get the light bites offered in the afternoon - really depends on the crew, but you can ask for them anytime.

At the moment it's still the mini burgers and another couple of warm offerings.

I'm flying next week but I think the menu will have probably changed again before August.

Jill

ChrisS 16 Apr 19 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by act1980 (Post 13788620)
Thanks Tom! Do they still bring them out on those little tiered plates? It’s been a couple of years since I’ve flown at that time of day so haven’t experienced it for a while.

Hi act1980, no, that stopped early 2016. No choice of sandwiches now, handed a cellophane wrapped sarny, they bring a few cakes and a scone, jam and cream.

Mr Tom Morrow 17 Apr 19 06:29 AM

There is a choice of sandwiches and I suppose it's down to the crew how you actually receive them. Ours were not in clingfilm and in fact I dont think I have ever had them wrapped, instead just on a plate.

Still can't find the photo but there are 3 little cakes to have.