theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   A levels are done here - we made it ! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133436)

Mexy02 17 Jun 19 04:43 PM

A levels are done here - we made it !

Barely alive may I add:d: . My word that was a stressful last few months and to be honest it’s not over yet . The long wait for us now to see if he actually gets the grades to go the the uni of his choice . Not the end of the World if he doesn’t , as he has an second choice unconditional , but adds to the stress of actually finding a uni you like then finding out it’s off the list if you don’t.
Anyway congratulations to all the A level students parents who’ve made it this far as it’s been testing to say the least. Your support on here was invaluable 💗
Good luck to all the kids now starting new career paths as well :wave:

sammykitten 17 Jun 19 04:50 PM

You took the words out of my mouth mexy! Stressful really doesn’t cover it here, I have been driven slowly round the bend since May 😳. Final exam done this afternoon, verdict is still “if I get to uni” not “when”. I think we all deserve to treat ourselves 👍🏻 And thanks to everyone on the university visits thread, it’s been fabulously supportive all the way through 💋.

Magic Mouse 17 Jun 19 04:51 PM

Yes, all done here too!

It’s been very stressful but I have to say that once they started they do seem to have gone quite quickly.

I don’t think DD really knows what to do with herself now! She’s going to try and find some work but it seems quite difficult. Not sure how many employers will take her on for just a couple of months. She’s applied for a couple but not heard anything yet.

It’ll be a nervous wait now until results day. But she worked hard so I’m proud of her whatever.

Mexy02 17 Jun 19 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammykitten (Post 13907052)
You took the words out of my mouth mexy! Stressful really doesn’t cover it here, I have been driven slowly round the bend since May 😳. Final exam done this afternoon, verdict is still “if I get to uni” not “when”. I think we all deserve to treat ourselves 👍🏻 And thanks to everyone on the university visits thread, it’s been fabulously supportive all the way through 💋.

It’s Going to be a long summer :wave:

Cloverlady 17 Jun 19 04:52 PM

Well done all! :thumbs-up:thumbs-up

We, in Scotland, have finished Highers two weeks ago and now it's just the wait for the results! :thumbs-up

There must be some pretty relieved teenagers throughout the whole of the UK right about now! Well done to them all and good luck! :) :wavey:

Magic Mouse 17 Jun 19 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammykitten (Post 13907052)

Absolutely agree, it’s been a great place to chat with other parents in the same position and I’m sure the support will carry on up to results day and beyond.

Megandllsmum 17 Jun 19 04:55 PM

Never had the experience of helping my eldest with A levels she didn't do them, I fully expect my youngest to do them though and will read others experiences of how they and their kiddos coped... We've had year 6 SATs recently in this house that was stressful enough for daughter and me... The build up to it more than the tests... Good luck to all your sons and daughters and hope they go on to great things 😘

Cloverlady 17 Jun 19 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse (Post 13907060)
Absolutely agree, it’s been a great place to chat with other parents in the same position and I’m sure the support will carry on up to results day and beyond.

That is fabulous! :wavey:
I hope there is as good a support network on here for this upcoming year as we are a year behind you lot and it is tuning up to be a very busy year but many decisions to be made and deadlines to meet! :grin:

And there we were as mothers with our babies and toddlers thinking 'It must be so much easier and so much less worrisome when they are older!' :pgig::pgig::pgig:

scojos 17 Jun 19 04:59 PM

Fyi it doesnt get any easier! I have 1 just completed her GCSEs and 1 just got into yr3 pharmacy... 2 yrs to go.
In fact uni is harder i cant control what he eats if he sleeps doesnt drink too much etc 🤣🤣

Colette-S 17 Jun 19 05:01 PM

Yes all done here too, biology this morning. Not sure how it will pan out as difficult times here but he got through them.