theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   What to eat on hot days? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1199860)

Sandra & co 20 Jul 21 12:32 PM

What to eat on hot days?
 
We’ve had bbq burgers, sausages, chicken and yesterday Cajun chicken wraps, salads. What other quick things that don’t require the oven on and loads of time in the kitchen, I could put the oven on but the house gets even hotter! Any ideas? :confused2

marypoppins38 20 Jul 21 12:36 PM

We had salmon fillet and salad last night. I am doing homemade burgers on the BBQ tonight with corn on the cob and I have got loads of potatoes so will make some wedges in the air fryer. Ive got some skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets for tomorrow night so will marinade in yogurt and curry spices then cook on the BBQ again. I will probably just do some spicy rice and salad with them. It's way too hot for putting the oven on at the moment.

EssexSue 20 Jul 21 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 15063421)
We’ve had bbq burgers, sausages, chicken and yesterday Cajun chicken wraps, salads. What other quick things that don’t require the oven on and loads of time in the kitchen, I could put the oven on but the house gets even hotter! Any ideas? :confused2

I try to use my slow cooker because it doesnt heat the room up.

Scotsmomma2 20 Jul 21 12:36 PM

We're living on chicken,ham or roast beef salad baguettes or wraps, I'm not paid enough to cook in this heat.😛🌞

maidmarian 20 Jul 21 12:38 PM

Slow cooked meals like Sue said
I find Salad boring, I'm not into rabbit food
I'm a spud and meat girl

mickey house 20 Jul 21 12:39 PM

Sandra, Google 'salad' and try eating that.

EssexSue 20 Jul 21 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maidmarian (Post 15063439)
Slow cooked meals like Sue said
I find Salad boring, I'm not into rabbit food
I'm a spud and meat girl

Microwave jacket spuds.

Sandra & co 20 Jul 21 12:41 PM

I think baguettes tonight but dh will come in and say been doing manual labour and I get a sandwich! Crisps on the side should fill him up! 😬

danisleigh 20 Jul 21 12:42 PM

We are having salmon with new potatoes and salad tonight. Might have to get more burgers for the bbq tomorrow!

maidmarian 20 Jul 21 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 15063445)
I think baguettes tonight but dh will come in and say been doing manual labour and I get a sandwich! Crisps on the side should fill him up! 😬

Invest in a slow cooker Sandra, you won't regret it xx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.