theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Memory maker next? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202266)

aqualiv 23 Aug 21 08:21 AM

Memory maker next?

Will this be next to go?
Is it even still included if you buy park tickets now?
The way things are going I can see this being next
What do you think?

Rac20 23 Aug 21 08:25 AM

Probably. Thought they might leave it twelve months or so given how unpopular the Genie thing is.

loldis 23 Aug 21 08:30 AM

I got surveyed about it last week so yes, they're more than likely thinking about changing it. I don't think they'll get rid of it completely but I can see it becoming part of Genie+ like it is at Disneyland. Although they have less photographers there compared to WDW, so I'd also expect a staff reduction in that case.

It's only included with UK tickets. It's never been included with US tickets that I'm aware of, separate purchase ($199) required. Personally I never use it and I'd rather have Genie+ included with UK tickets.

Rac20 23 Aug 21 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15109832)
Personally I never use it and I'd rather have Genie+ included with UK tickets.

I love memory maker. Got so many wonderful family photos from it. I’d like both the Genie thing and memory maker included in the U.K. tickets. Especially since as someone pointed out on another thread, when I bought my tickets, fast pass was included.

loldis 23 Aug 21 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 15109838)
I love memory maker. Got so many wonderful family photos from it.

I think it's different for families, I can see the benefit there. But for just me, I prefer my selfies. Didn't keep any of the photopass shots from my last trip so would have been a complete waste of money if I'd had to purchase it.

BevS97 23 Aug 21 08:44 AM

We paid for it quite often before it was included with tickets. I would pay for it again as we love the photos but if you easy you still have the option to buy individual photos as in most parks.

Rac20 23 Aug 21 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15109851)
I think it's different for families, I can see the benefit there. But for just me, I prefer my selfies. Didn't keep any of the photopass shots from my last trip so would have been a complete waste of money if I'd had to purchase it.

You see I hate selfies - shows too many wrinkles! 😉 On memory maker photos, they clearly add Disney magic as I still look about 20. 😅

dan223 23 Aug 21 08:47 AM

It’s only included with UK tickets not US tickets. If it was removed I could see it being replaced with genie+. Not sure about them adding it to genie+ as they make a lot of money from it, so it would have to be a substantial uplift in genie+.

Personally I doubt it will be removed from UK tickets unless Genie+ or something else took it’s place.

I paid for it back in the days when many people on the dibb split one photo pass between multiple families, certainly would consider doing that again if it was no longer free

loldis 23 Aug 21 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 15109855)
You see I hate selfies - shows too many wrinkles! 😉 On memory maker photos, they clearly add Disney magic as I still look about 20. 😅

I have a Pixel phone which has the in-built beauty filter on portrait mode. It's great. :d:

Mexy02 23 Aug 21 09:29 AM

It is included in Genie plus , the AR feature makes me wonder if character meets will go .