theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   New England Summer 2018: Day 18 - Plymouth Harbor and More Frisbee Golf (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1094939)

Melbatb 15 Aug 18 02:21 AM

New England Summer 2018: Day 18 - Plymouth Harbor and More Frisbee Golf

A far better day thankfully!

I was awake about 6ish. By 7 we were all up.

I went out to try to get some cash out on our cash passport prepaid card. Since we reloaded it last week we have had issues getting cash out. We keep on getting told we have reached our daily limit! I prefer to use cash in restaurants so it has been frustrating. I had the same issue again so got cash out from my normal card. I can use the card for purchases so will do that.

This is today's lobster. They are everywhere!

This is our Airbnb. You can see the harbour at the end if the road - when there isn't a mist!

When I got back we headed our for breakfast!

We went to the Blind Bakery. What a great place.

I had waffles - they were made with spelt flour and no refined sugar. All the maple syrup came from a family farm in Vermont.

Both J and F ordered pancakes but only one plate came. They said they would do another one straight away. Then we realised we had only been charged for one (we paid at the till when ordering). We told them but they insisted that it was on them. We left a good tip!

The pancakes were also made with no refined sugar and with wholewheat flour. F declared them delicious.

O had french toast - also highly recommended.

We walked down to the harbour. It was still very misty.

We did the walk on the rocky jetty. As we couldn't see the end we had no idea how far it was! It took us about 40 minutes to get to the end and back!

There were sone good photo opportunities though.

We walked around the harbour until it started to rain. All in all we walked about 5km - not bad!

We went back to the apartment and then headed out to Walmart to get breakfast and lunch things and fruit/veggies in.

We also visited Petco where F chose a new collar and lead for June, our dog.

Back at the apartment we had cheese and avocado sandwiches!

The sun was now out. J and I walked down to the harbour to grab a coffee! You could now see it!

Loved the birds perching on the boat!

When we got back I goggled local frisbee golf courses and found one 20 minutes away. Both kids were game - even though we all knew J would win and I would be last!

There was a bit of a whoops in that we thought we could lend frisbees there but there was just an honesty box. So we came back to Dick's and bought 4 frisbees!

When we got back again, just as we were putting our names on the list and our money in the box, the owner turned up in a golf buggy. He did go and get us more frisbees (one for driving, one for medium range and one for putting each! )

He was thrilled that he had British visitors!

The course was harder than the one we did on Acadia.

This is the net at the end of each hole!

Each hole also had the course mapped out. We obviously didn't manage the straight line...

We saw a few frogs.

Then on the 15th hole a stag came through - we all stood and watched him as he ran through about 5m from us - fantastic!

We all really enjoyed it. The scores were as predicted! Interesting if we had played parents v kids it would have been a draw again!

We drove back arriving about 7pm. F and J made alfredo gnocchi. I have been planning our day in Boston tomorrow.

app 15 Aug 18 02:47 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 15 Aug 18 2:47 AM.

MichelleS 15 Aug 18 05:57 AM

Another lovely day

OB1LukeLucas 15 Aug 18 08:53 AM

Breakfast looked good. I知 pleased today was better. I love that frisbee golf is a thing!

mick 15 Aug 18 09:37 AM

A good day breakfast looked nice :spin: I like the idea of frisbee golf :pgig:

Joan :wave:

CrispyA 15 Aug 18 08:11 PM

Great looking breakfast and I知 so glad the sun came out!

Jake71 16 Aug 18 10:43 PM

Frisbee golf sounds like so much fun. The harbour loooks very mystical in the black and white photos.

WileyCoyote 18 Aug 18 04:27 PM

Nice day. Sounds fun and glad the weather cleared, it looks gorgeous. Still annoying about the card/cash situation. Very frustrating !

jocat 21 Aug 18 09:01 AM

Who knew there were different types of frisbee, for different types of shot :confused2 - it痴 obviously a serious sport there! Love the idea of it though as it sounds great fun.

That rocky jetty looks great and I知 glad the weather improved for you.

Melbatb 21 Sep 18 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleS (Post 13428602)
Another lovely day

It was a much getter day it has to be said!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas (Post 13428811)
Breakfast looked good. I知 pleased today was better. I love that frisbee golf is a thing!

The waffles were amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 13428909)
A good day breakfast looked nice :spin: I like the idea of frisbee golf :pgig:

Joan :wave:

We actually found there is a course near to where we live. Not sure I can stand the humiliation :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrispyA (Post 13430226)
Great looking breakfast and I知 so glad the sun came out!

Sun does help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 13432741)
Frisbee golf sounds like so much fun. The harbour loooks very mystical in the black and white photos.

I am quite impressed with my photos!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote (Post 13435950)
Nice day. Sounds fun and glad the weather cleared, it looks gorgeous. Still annoying about the card/cash situation. Very frustrating !

The card was a pain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocat (Post 13441093)
Who knew there were different types of frisbee, for different types of shot :confused2 - it痴 obviously a serious sport there! Love the idea of it though as it sounds great fun.

That rocky jetty looks great and I知 glad the weather improved for you.

You could tell the differences with each type of frisbee - not that it helped me much though!