theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Florida Theme Park Closures May Be Extended Exponentially (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1165021)

Stu 18 Mar 20 02:47 PM

Florida Theme Park Closures May Be Extended Exponentially

Probably not a surprise to most but it is looking likely that Florida's theme park closures could be extended much longer than initially anticipated.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that all events of more than 50 people be canceled or postponed for at least eight weeks.

"Unfortunately, the CDC's recommendation most likely will impact the theme parks" plans, said Dennis Speigel, founder and CEO with International Theme Park Services, a Cincinnati-based theme park consulting firm. "The timeframe has risen exponentially, and we are still in uncharted water. Operators like Disney, Universal and Six Flags have no idea now. The short term was closing two to three weeks, but now it will be extended indefinitely," he told Orlando Business Journal.

Speigel said the more likely scenario right now is to expect theme parks to plan for a big opening by Memorial Day in late May.

Mazascouser 18 Mar 20 03:31 PM

Shame but not surprised. Everybody’s health comes 1st.

sha9 18 Mar 20 03:39 PM

With some of the predictions late May is something to be excited about. Let’s hope that’s a realistic expectation and look forward to it.

martyn321 18 Mar 20 05:45 PM

Like everyone, were completley gutted about all this.

Friday'sChild 18 Mar 20 08:57 PM

Not sure if we will make it, but we are supposed to be going 22nd May to LA for a week so that is looking a bit tight now :(

LLamb 18 Mar 20 09:01 PM

Not sure if this is better worse, currently due to fly out 19th May. Need to pay the balance on flights and villa at the beginning of April. It’s all the uncertainty. If we cancel and the parks open we will be gutted.

Tracey2019 19 Mar 20 12:02 AM

Due to fly out on the 5th may and got floridatix balance at end of this month and hotel on 21st April yet I wont see the plane at this rate. Gutted

martyn321 19 Mar 20 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyn321 (Post 14346592)
Like everyone, were completley gutted about all this.

oh my gosh, my very reasonable quote has been edited!

Still, love you guys and lets hope all this is done with asap.

highlander447 19 Mar 20 10:29 PM

With the UK advising June maybe to clear even if Parks open which personally I don't think so due to the lay offs being reported at Disney Springs and the graduate program, UK flights will most likely not be happening unless big changes happen on testing which hopefully they will, really hope its not long but 2 weeks ago seems like years to where we are now

shack69 20 Mar 20 12:30 PM

It will be interesting to see how countries try to protect against future infections and what impact that has on flights and ESTA's etc.