theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Disney Announces Walt Disney World & Disneyland to Remain Closed Until Further Notice (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1166182)

Stu 27 Mar 20 09:06 PM

Disney Announces Walt Disney World & Disneyland to Remain Closed Until Further Notice

Disney has announced that it will keep it's theme parks in USA closed until further notice.

Statement:
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority.

As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed until further notice.

The Walt Disney Company has been paying its Cast Members since the closure of the parks, and in light of this ongoing and increasingly complex crisis, we have made the decision to extend paying hourly parks and resorts Cast Members through April 18.

bighal 27 Mar 20 09:20 PM

No surprises there to be honest, sort of expected.

Tracey2019 27 Mar 20 10:02 PM

I wonder how long until further notice is but it is for the best all round

MarkUKinOrlando 27 Mar 20 10:14 PM

Have they been paying all of their cast members or just the full time employees?

Mexy02 27 Mar 20 10:22 PM

It’s The correct thing to do.

Stitchesmumanddad 28 Mar 20 08:57 AM

Aaaaw when they first closed, this was the thing that made me think - wow this is serious

Sthomson511 28 Mar 20 05:26 PM

Help - Amend Holiday with Tui for WDW Orlando!

Hi Folks, I'm new to this site but reading lots of interesting information :)

Can anyone help? I can't get through to Tui - I'm looking to amend my WDW holiday booking to a later date in October 2020 but I'm frightened to make the amendments as there is no mention of the 14 day Ultimate tickets + 14 Day Q.S. dining plan we had previously booked with them. Looking to still amend to a Moderate Disney hotel so I would have thought the QS dining and tickets would transfer over to new booking!

Will this deal automatically transfer over to the later date does anyone know?

We were supposed to leave for 14 nights on 30 June 2020 but feel that this won't go ahead but Tui are allowing an amendment to your holiday free of charge but this is only on offer till May I think!

Realising that there are more important things going on right now but I just want to get this sorted out so I can tell my kids they are still going this yr before the holiday deal is gone :)

Thanks in advance for any advice :grin:

CinemaMan 28 Mar 20 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sthomson511 (Post 14366971)

Can anyone help? I can't get through to Tui - I'm looking to amend my WDW holiday booking to a later date in October 2020 but I'm frightened to make the amendments as there is no mention of the 14 day Ultimate tickets + 14 Day Q.S. dining plan we had previously booked with them. Looking to still amend to a Moderate Disney hotel so I would have thought the QS dining and tickets would transfer over to new booking!

We were supposed to leave for 14 nights on 30 June 2020 but feel that this won't go ahead but Tui are allowing an amendment to your holiday free of charge but this is only on offer till May I think!

Realising that there are more important things going on right now but I just want to get this sorted out so I can tell my kids they are still going this yr before the holiday deal is gone :)

Your probably better off posting this on the caronavirus discussion forum, which is in the Trip Planning Florida Forum

Sthomson511 28 Mar 20 05:50 PM

thank you

bigkid2014 28 Mar 20 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sthomson511 (Post 14366971)

If you are able to move your booking you won’t be able to get free dining for October as it wasn’t included in the offer.