theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Restaurant recommendations (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131455)

mcoler18 3 Jun 19 01:21 PM

Restaurant recommendations

Im after a bit of advise please.

We are stopping 3 nights and have the Premium half board, we were going to do L'Auberge de Cendrillon (2 girls, love princess's) Inventions for the characters and one of the Steakhouses.

I’ve since discovered though that on the Premium dining plan you can do the Character breakfast at Plaza Gardens so am now thinking to do that one day and not do Inventions, maybe do Chez Remy instead.

Anyone’s experience of any of these restaurants, or others that I haven’t mentioned that you would recommend would greatly appreciated.

dav220588 3 Jun 19 02:33 PM

Plaza is a good way to meet some characters but it is very chaotic. Inventions is a much more relaxing experience I find.

Personally, I'd do the 3 character meals then Chez Remy for your other meal. The only caveat there is Remy is imo only good value on your premium voucher if you order from the premium menu so I'd double check that is appealing before you go.

Captain Jacks is also a fun experience if the food appeals. You can order a la carte with your premium voucher.

mcoler18 3 Jun 19 02:45 PM

Thanks, I will have a look

MissJRabbit 3 Jun 19 04:09 PM

How about Buffalo Bills Wild West Show? It’s a fantastic dinner show in the village included with premium.

Plaza Gardens and Inventions will have different characters and Inventions is much more chilled out with better food.

mickeyismybff 4 Jun 19 07:23 AM

We did Plaza Gardens character breakfast last week, and it was the most cursory character meets we’ve experienced in all our trips. No ‘conversation’ with the characters at all, and two of them actually walked away when DS went to hug them. They came to the table and stood behind his chair for a quick picture then waved and moved on.

If it had been just one who did that, I would have brushed it off as a character had been out too long and it was imperative they get off the floor, but each of them did it.

We arrived bang on 8:15 for the 8:15 sitting and we were in a ride queue at 8:45, so that was a little different!

I haven’t don’t the Princess lunch but meeting princesses in the park is a seriously time consuming activity, so I think that’s a wise choice for fans of royalty!

Gill H 4 Jun 19 07:58 AM

I haven’t done the breakfast, but I have read that they actually only allow 20 seconds per character interaction.

When you consider that if you queue to meet a character they take at least 5 minutes, and interact as well as posing for photos with every member of the party - well, I would be pretty miffed to actually pay money for 20 seconds with a character.

I would stick with Inventions which is much more relaxed (and has superb food).

Like the idea of Buffalo Bill’s too if you want all your meals to be ‘lively’. Although for me the other meal would be Walt’s. We have eaten there many times but not since it became Premium level.

mcoler18 4 Jun 19 09:17 AM

Thanks for all the advise, think we will stick with Inventions, L'Auberge de Cendrillon and either the Steakhouse or Silver Spur

Gill H 4 Jun 19 09:28 AM

Steakhouse is supposedly better quality, but the only time we ate there (a few years ago) our steaks were chewy and tasteless.

Silver Spur gets mixed reviews but we did the premium menu and it was very good.

Remy was the best steak I have had in DLP though.

mcoler18 4 Jun 19 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13883548)
Steakhouse is supposedly better quality, but the only time we ate there (a few years ago) our steaks were chewy and tasteless.

Silver Spur gets mixed reviews but we did the premium menu and it was very good.

Remy was the best steak I have had in DLP though.

Oh really, maybe do Remy then and just have the steak

Gill H 4 Jun 19 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoler18 (Post 13883554)
Oh really, maybe do Remy then and just have the steak

You have to have the 3 course menu at Remy. The salad is ... eh, salad. Desserts are really good.

Not done the Premium menu there but it looks good. If you don’t want foie gras they might swap it for the salad.