theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   telling kids the day before! Gulp! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=747204)

Enchanted-nadi 3 Oct 13 08:00 AM

telling kids the day before! Gulp!

Ok.. So we've failed at countless attempts to keep our wdw holidays a surprise, mostly down to me not being able to contain my excitement. My DD watches the adverts on tv where the kids get surprised and says she wishes she could have that surprise someday. .. So.. With great restraint out DLP trip on 2nd of Jan will be revealed on New Year's Day. Not Xmas day as planned. DH said there's enough excitement on Xmas day anyway, and he's right. New year day always seems such a comedown.
So.. How do we do it! I'd appreciate Amy suggestions. I was thinking of making a video, with clues etc, or taking them into Disney store and asking a staff member to say something to them. Ohhhhhh I just don't know, but it's got to be good!
How on earth will I keep my gob shut for so long! Haha ..

hsl500 3 Oct 13 08:07 AM

I've not told my boys they think as its children in need month I've been invited to a zumbathon in Manchester and I've got to take them with me ( I do lot of Zumba lol)
Cases are going to my brothers via my dad few days before when they at school , packing the same and planning has been when at school
Getting so hard now though as closer
Good luck xx

hsl500 3 Oct 13 08:07 AM

Sorry just realised on DLP thread were going DW

Enchanted-nadi 3 Oct 13 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsl500 (Post 9027458)
I've not told my boys they think as its children in need month I've been invited to a zumbathon in Manchester and I've got to take them with me ( I do lot of Zumba lol)
Cases are going to my brothers via my dad few days before when they at school , packing the same and planning has been when at school
Getting so hard now though as closer
Good luck xx

Ahh so exciting! How are you actually planning on the reveal? .. It's going to be worth it

Enchanted-nadi 3 Oct 13 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsl500 (Post 9027462)
Sorry just realised on DLP thread were going DW

Haha! Even better! We were there 6 weeks ago, feels like ages ago now, had an amazing time, make sure you try transformers ride at universal and the new Simpsons area , im a die hard disney girl, but these were real highlights of my trip!

Guest 3 Oct 13 09:27 AM

I'm hoping not to tell my 6yr old until the day we go. I'm planning to send him to school as normal that morning then to go collect him early. Thinking of maybe making him up some sort of pack with clues to see can he guess. Will be good to get other ideas from this thread

mommy4 3 Oct 13 09:36 AM

How about putting a message in a New Year's version of a Christmas cracker. You can give it to them at breakfast and tell them you are continuing the New Year's celebration..

Even if you are not able to make the cracker pop as it should your kids are bound to break into it just to see what is inside. That is one 'prize' I bet they never thought they would recieve in a cracker :).

Jen78 3 Oct 13 09:54 AM

We have told my 6 yr old we are going on a big boat to Belgium (which is true we are going hull to zebrugge) then we are just going to get off the ferry say it's a long drive to our hotel! Just see when he realises

He also doesn't know my mum, dad, sister, bro in law and niece are going too

Guest 3 Oct 13 10:33 AM

I will need to put a video u of when w told my step son two years ago! We were in France already and woke him up early saying we were going home and he fell asleep in car we woke him up when we got to gates and said Taylor what does that say ... his response Disney land (like it was the dentist)...do u want to go Taylor ...his response same bored tone yeah
Couldn't believe it ! We couldn't wait to see his response and he wasn't bothered ! Xx

Enchanted-nadi 3 Oct 13 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess m (Post 9027589)
I'm hoping not to tell my 6yr old until the day we go. I'm planning to send him to school as normal that morning then to go collect him early. Thinking of maybe making him up some sort of pack with clues to see can he guess. Will be good to get other ideas from this thread

Oh how exciting! .. Maybe you could hand him some mickey ears as he walks out of school and tell him to put them on ? Hehe