theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Magic band upgrade (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128763)

Nells77 15 May 19 08:09 AM

Magic band upgrade

The rumours are you can upgrade magic bands from today. Does anyone know if this is true? I’ve just looked and it’s still not available.

Thanks

Jaybeez 15 May 19 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nells77 (Post 13844605)
The rumours are you can upgrade magic bands from today. Does anyone know if this is true? I’ve just looked and it’s still not available.

Thanks

It’s still the middle of the night in the US, hopefully you’ll have more luck a bit later.

Shifu 15 May 19 08:56 AM

Some people online are saying they’ve spoken to CM’s and it’s only for bookings made from today onwards and not those that have holidays reserved already- which is a bit unfortunate I thought, if true, as we can update the colours etc of magic bands up until quite late on can’t we.
I would have thought it would have been on the website by now as things do kick in by 6am our time usually... but there’s still time I guess. I checked first thing too as I’m curious to see the full range. Fingers crossed

Mrs-Weasley 15 May 19 09:25 AM

I’m checking constantly also. Not bothered if we can’t though as I quite like the colours

Shifu 15 May 19 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley (Post 13844752)
I’m checking constantly also. Not bothered if we can’t though as I quite like the colours

Exactly...

some people responding to some of the blog posts on the subject are saying they are going to cancel and rebook just to get one! :omg::confused2

It would be cheaper to buy one once there, surely, than cancel.

It would be nice to have the choice, but I wont lose sleep. :zzz:

Mrs-Weasley 15 May 19 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifu (Post 13844782)
Exactly...

some people responding to some of the blog posts on the subject are saying they are going to cancel and rebook just to get one! :omg::confused2
:zzz:

That is ridiculous 😮

loves2plan 15 May 19 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifu (Post 13844782)
Exactly...

It would be cheaper to buy one once there, surely, than cancel.

It would be nice to have the choice, but I wont lose sleep. :zzz:

I guess if they're US bookings they can cancel without any loss of deposit, then rebook. If it was the same price and not costing me anything the cancel, then I'd certainly consider it.

Can't understand why it's not being made available to existing bookings though :confused2

DigitalOlli 15 May 19 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 13844837)
I guess if they're US bookings they can cancel without any loss of deposit, then rebook. If it was the same price and not costing me anything the cancel, then I'd certainly consider it.

Can't understand why it's not being made available to existing bookings though :confused2

Nobody knows it :spin:

zdickens 15 May 19 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 13844837)

I can’t believe Disney would want to miss out on all those extra $$$$. Think of all the people already booked whether it’s for this year or next.

DigitalOlli 15 May 19 10:51 AM

They are working on the Website ( Magic Bands) :grin: