theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Flying from Teesside (Durham/Tees Valley) Airport (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1102933)

markiemark90 7 Oct 18 06:25 PM

Flying from Teesside (Durham/Tees Valley) Airport

Hello

For any North East Dibbers we are flying Teesside (I refuse to call it Durham/Tees Valley) to Amsterdam and them on to Orlando (MCO).

I will report back what it was like.

3 hops on way back.:confused2 I'll tell you what that was like.

Why am I bothering? You may ask, well flights were only £500:d:, so we thought was worth a try, all directs were £1000 +!

macy 7 Oct 18 06:29 PM

That sounds a better option than driving down to Manchester, be interesting to hear how your flights go. Good to hear there is another option for us as well, we have done the NCL - AMS - MCO route. You have a good flight price as well. Hope you all enjoy it.

Kat11 7 Oct 18 06:33 PM

I agree it’s Teesside airport all the way! Since when did we live in a valley anyway? 🤔😂

I’d like to hear how your via Amsterdam mco flight goes as I believe it’s a fairly new route?

Kat

mouli1 7 Oct 18 07:06 PM

Don't forget to turn the lights off on your way back and shut the door after you ! ... love teeside airport .just wish it had more flights

katy341 7 Oct 18 08:15 PM

I'm 10min away from teesside airport so will be following this!

toonarmani 7 Oct 18 08:31 PM

3 hops in October and still £500?! 😳

Wow.

Ninnybobs 7 Oct 18 09:11 PM

Back in the day, you could get on a plane at Teesside Airport, have a quick flight to Glasgow and without having to leave your seat continue to Sanford Airport... it was so easy as only 15 minutes down the road.

Maybe we need to start a campaign... Bring back Teesside Airport flights to Florida.

ChrisS 7 Oct 18 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiemark90 (Post 13524992)
Hello

For any North East Dibbers we are flying Teesside (I refuse to call it Durham/Tees Valley) to Amsterdam and them on to Orlando (MCO).

I will report back what it was like.

3 hops on way back.:confused2 I'll tell you what that was like.

Why am I bothering? You may ask, well flights were only £500:d:, so we thought was worth a try, all directs were £1000 +!

Hiya Mark - remember to have your passenger facility fee to allow you access to the departure lounge, £6 per adult, £2 per child (aged 3 to 15), infants free - see HERE

Canny airport, as mouli said more routes, in particular one to LGW, but as FlyMayBe and those Easygets couldn't make Ncl to LGW pay it'll be a no-no for Teeside at the moment (Durham Tees Valley my Jim Royale!). I have a wry smile, I think of Teeside as RAF Middleton St George, or RAF Goosepool as locals call it as it was home to many Canadian squadrons during WWII.

Boyle73 7 Oct 18 10:31 PM

Absolutely miss the days of flying from Teesside, only a 5 minute drive home 😁

#UTB

MTEC 7 Oct 18 10:36 PM

That would be much nicer than the trek home from manchester. Not sure about indirect though. We've only flown.direct. we have a xhild with special needs