theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   When you 55 do you lose your marbles (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141908)

cartoonp 17 Aug 19 08:20 PM

When you 55 do you lose your marbles

A few days ago I thought I set up our mobile for our Vegas part of the holiday. I brought a USA sim a few weeks back and put it away near the mobile phone I was going to use my old pro 20 :grin: so yesterday I whentnto put the sim in my old phone But it was not where I left it or thought I left it I looked everywhere :cry: so went in the bedroom moved a box and there it was I can Not remember putting it there so at 55 I think I loseing my marbles :d::d:

Labboy 17 Aug 19 08:42 PM

Not losing your marbles , proven scientific fact compartelimisation, study done, fact, one room to another is a different compartment. No need to worry

vanlou 17 Aug 19 08:55 PM

At least you didn’t put it in the fridge! I’m 47 and nothing is ever where I think it should be :D

skb 123 17 Aug 19 09:41 PM

Just before coming away, I know I moved a valuable ring to a safe place instead of on the side in the kitchen where it had been the last few months. Trouble is, I now can't remember where the safe place was!

Lola 17 Aug 19 10:04 PM

It’s not losing your car keys that’s the problem it’s when you find them but you can’t remember what they’re for

Mr Tom Morrow 18 Aug 19 02:41 AM

The standard procedure in our house is my Wife has a tidying up phase and puts everything away. Then we can’t find it.

The conversation always comes around to her saying I must have moved it:erm:
Then some hours later it’s found and I don’t get told.:spin:

Dazed 18 Aug 19 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skb 123 (Post 14021473)
Just before coming away, I know I moved a valuable ring to a safe place instead of on the side in the kitchen where it had been the last few months. Trouble is, I now can't remember where the safe place was!

I have done this! I hid my engagement and eternity rings before my 6 week Disney trip at Xmas. I still can’t remember where I hid them an£ I’ve searched all over! I did this at the grand old age of 39 :blush: I remember hiding them and thinking I was so clever as a burglar would never look there. Well, neither it would seem, would I :cry:

skb 123 18 Aug 19 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 14021534)
It’s not losing your car keys that’s the problem it’s when you find them but you can’t remember what they’re for

Or you have the keys, but can't remember where you parked the car!

Taffy1959 18 Aug 19 08:33 AM

We had to cancel our holiday 6 years ago and we already had our dollars so we kept them for the following year as we had already booked.
12 months later I looked in the safe and the dollars wern't there so asked DH where he'd put them and he said in the safe.
I turned the house upside down and couldn't find them :cry: DH just shrugged his shoulders :mad:
and said well we will manage :omg:
After a few hours he remembered where he'd put them, tucked in at the side of the door frame under the stairs.
I was furious with him as beside all the stress of thinking we'd lost $3.000 I'd wasted a full day looking for them and then had to tidy everywhere up again:mad2:

JLH 18 Aug 19 08:45 AM

Last week I put dirty dishes in the fridge instead of the dishwasher and when on my way out I spent ages looking for my navy shoes when my son pointed out they were on my feet! I have just turned 50 so goodness knows what I will be like at 55!