theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Booking seats with Virgin (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1136497)

CathyC1987 12 Jul 19 12:24 AM

Booking seats with Virgin

Hi,
We have booked with Virgin Holidays and the online booking system states that seats on the outbound flight can be selected on 12 July. I thought the booking window would have opened at midnight, however, it did not give us the option online. We called Virgin and they said we could book on 12 July and to call back tomorrow but it was 12 July when we called. Does anyone know if the booking window opens at a specific time? Thanks!

gismo1554 12 Jul 19 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathyC1987 (Post 13950134)
Hi,
We have booked with Virgin Holidays and the online booking system states that seats on the outbound flight can be selected on 12 July. I thought the booking window would have opened at midnight, however, it did not give us the option online. We called Virgin and they said we could book on 12 July and to call back tomorrow but it was 12 July when we called. Does anyone know if the booking window opens at a specific time? Thanks!

So I think its actually usually around lunch time. Mine actually took til the next morning to become available (obs didn't check all night so may have been earlier).

Gipsy 4 12 Jul 19 07:41 AM

I thought it opened at the time of the flight? Or am I confused with OLCI?

Mr Tom Morrow 12 Jul 19 07:47 AM

A seat can be booked with VA as soon as the flight is loaded.

In 14 mins time being 8.00am they will load on flights departing the UK on the 6th June 20. Currently they are only up to the 5th June

If I wanted to book that 1 way flight I could immediately book my seat as well.

Flights always go on at 8.00am

However those with VH bookings need VH to transfer their data across first. Hence VA passengers can get the jump.

Trebor1 12 Jul 19 08:37 AM

We had a bit of bother with this. Seat booking goes live at 8am. Technically you should get an email from Virgin Holidays. We didnt so after about 3 or 4 days I got my flight ref off VA by ringing the frequent flyer club number (I'd joined up for free) and they sorted. Logged on to VA and booked seats. It took VH about 6 to 8 weeks after flights were available to send me flight ref. Was told the hold up was VH system (however VH tried to blame VA). All got sorted though easy enough and got our seats in the bubble.

Tsoski 12 Jul 19 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebor1 (Post 13950470)
We had a bit of bother with this. Seat booking goes live at 8am. Technically you should get an email from Virgin Holidays. We didnt so after about 3 or 4 days I got my flight ref off VA by ringing the frequent flyer club number (I'd joined up for free) and they sorted. Logged on to VA and booked seats. It took VH about 6 to 8 weeks after flights were available to send me flight ref. Was told the hold up was VH system (however VH tried to blame VA). All got sorted though easy enough and got our seats in the bubble.

Thanks to you Trebor I just used the Virgin Atlantic text service to get our reference number, I was waiting on VH but it's been over a week now.

Glad I did as we were able to get the bubble and it's filling up already ;)

Trebor1 12 Jul 19 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsoski (Post 13950570)
Thanks to you Trebor I just used the Virgin Atlantic text service to get our reference number, I was waiting on VH but it's been over a week now.

Glad I did as we were able to get the bubble and it's filling up already ;)

Brilliant. No problem at all. glad I could share our experience to assist! ;)

CathyC1987 12 Jul 19 10:42 AM

Thanks so much for the replies. We got the email from Virgin Holidays this morning just after 9am and we were able to book our seats on the outbound flight. Unfortunately, all of the bubble seats had been booked but not too fussed - at least I’m going to Orlando!

sandshal 12 Jul 19 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathyC1987 (Post 13950708)
Thanks so much for the replies. We got the email from Virgin Holidays this morning just after 9am and we were able to book our seats on the outbound flight. Unfortunately, all of the bubble seats had been booked but not too fussed - at least I’m going to Orlando!

Really? So soon? something must be up

Trebor1 12 Jul 19 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathyC1987 (Post 13950708)

That's unusual for the bubble seats to sell out so quickly so far out... very unusual. Wonder if it's to do with potential change of aircraft type.. I'd be tempted to ring VA