theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Disney Grand Floridian (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158579)

Jack Reacher 21 Jan 20 08:52 PM

Disney Grand Floridian

Evening all
We stay on I Drive everytime we go and always stay at Rosen Plaza as it suits all of our needs. However as a treat I am looking to spend 1 night at the Grand Floridian but the price is coming in at approx £560 for just 1 night for family of 4. Basically looking for advice from people who have stayed here is it worth it considering we wont really be using it other than sleeping in it as we will be in the parks during the 2 days either side of the nights stay.
TIA.

KarenG 21 Jan 20 08:54 PM

Rent DVC points to bring the cost down but no, I would absolutely not pay so much for a room I’d be in for about 20 hours.

Mexy02 21 Jan 20 09:09 PM

It was 21 points for lake view GF Dvc room when we stayed so at Approx £12 a point is £252. Take a look at your dates on the Dvc chart and calculator then look on the Dvc forum for someone renting points . :)

Jack Reacher 21 Jan 20 09:22 PM

Thanks for your responses, have you rented points before? Is it safe to do so or can you be scammed?

Gp1602 21 Jan 20 09:40 PM

I rented points on here to stay at GF in 2016. We tagged an extra 5 days on to SSR. Hotel is lovely and the proximity to The Magic Kingdom is great. In my opinion, the pool is not as nice as The Beach Club where we have also stayed but it does have a slide and separate children’s area. We hired a studio and that sleeps 4. The room wasn’t big but for one night it would be fine. When the fireworks finish and there is a mass exit you are home fast by water taxi. Perfect 👌

Mexy02 21 Jan 20 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Reacher (Post 14252281)
Thanks for your responses, have you rented points before? Is it safe to do so or can you be scammed?

It’s very easy. A lot of trust involved on both parties as you are using their points and contract and you are handing over money but I’ve always rented from dibbers and felt very reassured and they have all been very helpful and will answer any questions you have. Each dibber will have their own way of renting and how payment is made etc.

You can use one of the companies that rent which are also safe.

Mexy02 21 Jan 20 09:54 PM

This was our Dvc room at the gf, near the wedding pavilion .

YorkshireT 21 Jan 20 09:57 PM

You can be scammed renting directly, Make sure you check the renter on here has been a member for a while, and has a good posting history. There was a very suspicious post renting the points not even in the proper section the other week that was taken down. A first time poster. There are some very good renters on here, long term members, so don’t let that put you off.
Alternatively the very safe way is to use an agency, David’s say they won’t do less than 3 days but they actually do sometimes to use up straggling points an owner may have, and DVCScott on here may help, PM him, he owns a big DVC rental agency that has a good reputation.

Jack Reacher 21 Jan 20 10:00 PM

Thanks to everyones responses 👍

macdonald 21 Jan 20 10:01 PM

We stayed in the Grand Floridian for 8 nights last October and while we loved it ,we all agreed we would not pay that amount again..it was a fantastic stay but whether you stay at Floridian or Pop you are treated the same..It was a fantastic location and if I were rich it would be our chosen place but no not worth the massive price tag!..Beach Club or Animal Kingdom are great!