theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Is staying on site for 1or2 night worth it ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158994)

HappyGoLucky 25 Jan 20 01:16 PM

Is staying on site for 1or2 night worth it ?

Hi
I have been to WDW several times but never stayed on site .
Me and my 10yr old will be visiting Hollywood studios and magic kingdom for a few days .
Would you stay on site for two nights ? Is it worth the extra cost
And if so which hotel would you choose ?

joanne42 25 Jan 20 01:20 PM

We keep looking into this,we’ve looked at the swan hotel £197 for 1 night for 2 adults 1 teen August time ,just can’t decide so be good to hear what others think

LittleKezza 25 Jan 20 01:30 PM

We're booking All-Star Movies for 2 nights. It's saved us a bit of money vs our villa, has got recently refurbished rooms and gets us Magicbands, 3 days 60d fastpass and EMH.
Plus, we just think it will be fun to be "inside Disney"

I think it costs £244 for 4 of us for 2 nights and we've booked with Tesco vouchers discount too!

HappyGoLucky 25 Jan 20 01:47 PM

I’ve only ever had tickets - do magic bands cost extra ?
We are staying at Daytona for bike week but gonna pop to Disney for a few days .
Don’t want the expensive hotels but there’s several of the cheaper ones showing as available

LittleKezza 25 Jan 20 02:01 PM

With a Disney hotel you get free magic bands ($15 worth, plain colours) but you can also pay the difference to upgrade to the special ones.

Guest 25 Jan 20 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky (Post 14257525)
Hi
I have been to WDW several times but never stayed on site .
Me and my 10yr old will be visiting Hollywood studios and magic kingdom for a few days .
Would you stay on site for two nights ? Is it worth the extra cost
And if so which hotel would you choose ?

It doesn’t have to cost that much to stay onsite there are hotels for different budgets. We always stay onsite and generally at a deluxe, but I have had to add a couple of extra nights on due to flights and other stuff am happy to try out a couple of values which can be between £90-£150 per night.

A couple of nights onsite will get you magic bands for everyone, three mornings EMH (assuming there are some), 60 day fastpasses for three nights and of course the more immersive experience.

There are still a lot of people that book one night because they think they will get 60 day fastpasses for the next two weeks or think it will help get the very popular fast passes - to these people I tend to warn them that they might not get what they want. However as you seem to simply want to try it out and be immersed, I would be inclined to say, yes it is worth it.

Shooby doo 26 Jan 20 08:13 PM

Going against the grain I'd say No:pgig: How much of those 3days will you spend in the parks? If it's from opening until closing (?) it doesn't matter where you stay, it's not "immersive" as you would spend no time in the Hotel so it is literally somewhere to sleep IYKWIM That being said if the difference between 2 nights in a Value versus 2 nights at the Clarion was a similar price then I would choose Disney. If by immersive you mean to enjoy the facilities then I'd choose a mod.
On a 2 night stay = 3 days of FP+, you probably won't get 7DMT at MK & at HS it might not get you Smuggler's or SDD - ythe FP+ advantage for onsite is more the ability to book 14 days at once IMO
SD:d: