theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   to buggy or not to buggy (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131593)

charlie81 4 Jun 19 12:21 PM

to buggy or not to buggy

Hi,

We have two children aged 3 and 4. We originally thought no buggy as we are there for three nights and four days (outbound flights early morning flights homeward flights early evening) and I was hoping we can try and just be relaxed about it all, see what we see and not worry too much about what we don't. I was also hoping we'd have plenty of time with EMH and the fact that the little ones are too young for some of the rides to do it at a relaxed pace. Finally, we don't have a buggy so we'd have to get one and I don't fancy parking it up and getting it back after every ride.

However, someone who has been to DLP with little ones advised my husband that it was a necessity for tired children.

What are your thoughts? To buggy or not to buggy? Also can you hire there or do they tend to sell out?

Thanks,

xx

kansaskitty 4 Jun 19 01:32 PM

Can’t advise on DLP as I know it’s not as big but in WDW the 3.5 and 4yo needed a stroller every single day and even napped when they hadn’t napped for years. It’s quite a big tiring holiday!

Lisa_Lollipop 4 Jun 19 01:40 PM

I would absolutely take a buggy! We went last summer with our niece and nephew who were 3 and just turned 5 at the time and they both regularly needed them for a rest! DLP may be smaller than WDW but you certainly do still clock up the steps!

I'm not sure about the availability of the ones you can hire there but what I will say is that they don't look very comfortable! (certainly not for napping anyway!)

Sarryb 4 Jun 19 03:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Disneyland Park in Paris is actually bigger than Magic Kingdom in Florida. I read that somewhere, probably on here.

I think it depends on the child, but it might be worth erring on the side if caution and taking one. I guess if it's really not needed, it can stay in the room? X

Guest 4 Jun 19 08:23 PM

We went last year when my dd had just turned 5. Like you we hadn’t used a buggy for years, but I brought a cheap £20 stroller for her. She needed it, but then we did long days and no rests at the hotel. Although not as big as Florida it can still be a lot of walking for little legs.

MrsCupcake 4 Jun 19 08:28 PM

two buggys! we went last year with 6 year old, 5 year old and 3 year old. both the younger two were in buggys a lot of the time. at the end of the night after the fireworks i put the older two in buggys and the little one in a sling!

i would buy a cheap one circa £10 off your local facebook selling site and take it with you. i would take two for your kids but minimum one!

ShuGray 4 Jun 19 10:03 PM

We took one just incase, when DD was 4 nearly 5 and needed it by 3pm.

We will do the same this August when DS is 4 1/2. We'll leave it in the hotel and gauge his stamina after 1 day.

So personally, I would take one because a tired and miserable child, can make others inc adults, miserable and cranky. Even with rests!

Leanne1977 4 Jun 19 10:08 PM

I shall be taking one for my son who will be 7 when we go. He has special needs, is the size of a 4 year old, and will definitely need it.
It’s a lot of walking for tired, little legs.

Em4owen 5 Jun 19 06:55 AM

We took a buggy with a buggy board both times (first time with a 3.5 and 1.5 year old; second time with a 5 and 2.5 year old). My boys took turns using them but it was definitely needed. There's still a lot of walking involved.

HappyPanda 5 Jun 19 10:02 AM

We went in November with my almost 3 year old and there's no way we could have done it without a buggy. We regularly walked over 20,000 steps each day and although she's a good walk there's no way she could have coped with all that.

We stopped taking a buggy when my eldest Daughter was 5 but even on that trip I still wish I'd brought one.. as by the end of the day she was shattered!