theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Prices next year (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180125)

Sarryb 13 Sep 20 06:47 PM

Prices next year

Hey all!

I'm due to go in November, but as a contingency plan I've been looking into dates next year to move the break to, rather than ask for a refund.

I can't even find a Sun - Weds visit that's even near the same price as what we've got booked. We're in NPB, not been moved there, actually booked there. Closest I can find is actually £100 more, and is in Santa Fe!

Am I going mad?! It looks like it would cost in the region of £300 more EACH. 😱😔😭

So I'm hoping my break goes ahead, otherwise it's a refund for me, and I imagine another fight with Eurostar for a refund. 🥺 x

FloridaDreamer1 14 Sep 20 06:25 AM

We're are also due to go in November and I've done the same as you. Prices have absolutely rocketed for 2021 😩
I know they do tend to go up each year, but next year just seems mega expensive 😳

Gill H 14 Sep 20 07:42 AM

Yikes!

Maybe consider an annual pass? We bought ours last year and stayed in the Ibis - £200 for 3 nights and it was fine. We have 4 nights booked for November which was to be at Cheyenne (now Newport Bay) and it cost £400

ClippedWings 15 Sep 20 01:53 PM

I would imagine demand is super high for next year. We were intending to rebook for May 21 pretty much like for like dates that we had booked for May this year (not school holidays); when we priced it up a few weeks ago it was pretty much the same as this year. I’ve just checked again and the 20% off quota has sold out leaving only 5% discount which has increased the price by a fair whack. This was for NBC.

Cath24601 15 Sep 20 03:26 PM

Yeah, I guess they’re cashing in on future pent up demand... and maybe the hoohah with Brexit is having an effect too?

ClippedWings 16 Sep 20 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cath24601 (Post 14647218)
Yeah, I guess they’re cashing in on future pent up demand... and maybe the hoohah with Brexit is having an effect too?

Ugh! Forgot about Brexit 🙄

Sarryb 17 Sep 20 07:58 AM

As I've discovered that the quarantine won't be an issue regarding work, we've looked into alternative travel, as the biggest issue is if the Eurostar cancels our direct train.

Looked at driving via Eurotunnel, or ferry, and flying. As I wouldn't really want Mum driving for about 6 hours or so, both sides total, we'd need a hotel a night each way, a flight we'd probably get a super early one, so hotel night before. Second option would probably be cheaper because of the one hotel, and also the flights weren't that much more than the crossing prices. 🤷

Obviously nearer the time prices could be so different, but we can't book as Eurostar don't really give a lot of notice.

Though I screenshot a part of their site that says they've postponed all direct trains until October 30th, but since it's been changed back to September 30th. 🤔
X

Gill H 17 Sep 20 08:49 AM

We are having troubles with flights for November from Cardiff, they keep being cancelled.

If quarantine is still happening though, our travel insurance would not be valid, and that is the biggest issue for me,

ALuk 20 Sep 20 10:40 AM

In my opinion the prices for next year have nothing to do with Brexit, its COVID.

The vast majority of people are postponing holidays for this year and going next year. It's supply and demand.

The same is with Florida too! We were planning a Florida trip for next summer but decided to go with 2022 as we could not justify the huge extra cost per person.

aj2703 25 Sep 20 02:12 PM

Stay offsite?