theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 24 - A Quiet Day At The Lake (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1042020)

Melbatb 18 Aug 17 03:13 AM

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 24 - A Quiet Day At The Lake

We were all shattered after yesterday's activity (though I am not sure why as we just sat on a boat most of the day ;) )

Breakfast was pancakes again! Trying to use everything up!

Afterwards, it took some time for us to get moving!

J and O went down to the dock and J did some fishing - no luck though! They had a good father/son chat though! The lake was very calm this morning - in terms of flatness and people being out and about!

I read my kindle sitting on the dock and did my usual wildlife photos! F was also fishing with her nets but also no luck!

This one was smaller than the other day but O was not impressed that it was so near the house!

After a lunch of falafels, salad and pittas we headed out to our fishing island! The lake was still extremely quiet except for someone cutting wood!

O left to go back to do his gym session but we stayed on. F and J fished and I lay down, just relaxing as you do :)

F had a lot of success - 31 fish. Her dad - zero ;)

They were all released after having been counted!

It had been a hazy day - but the early evening sunlight gave some eerie photos! These were taken on the island or on the way back - it didn't feel as foreboding as the pictures give the impression!

Back at the house we realised that tea pickings were slim so J and I nipped to the "depanneur" (literally to rescue you - like a pick up truck!) - the local grocery shop.

While I like the house a lot, the fan drives me mad. I have hit my head on it once too often! Whoever installed it must have been short!

Dinner done, I started the packing :(

I also tried to log into the Air Transat site to no avail - it said our reservation was not to be found! I have sent an email to the travel agency (booked through J's work as we get 35% off that way! ) so hopefully they will sort it out before I have to do online check in tomorrow afternoon!

Last full day tomorrow! Though we did reveal to the kids that we are off to SoCal at Christmas - they were a little overwhelmed I think!

app 18 Aug 17 03:29 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 18 Aug 17 3:29 AM.

WileyCoyote 18 Aug 17 08:06 AM

Nice chilled day. Man those spiders freak me out, too creepy.
Sad face at packing but hurrah to a new trip.

Jake71 18 Aug 17 09:08 AM

What a lovely relaxing day - although who can possibly relax with spiders that size in the vicinity - not me that's for sure. For a shortie who doesn't even hit 5 ft, the fan looks just the right height! Another trip, another report I'm hoping Mel?

mick 18 Aug 17 09:46 AM

A nice relaxing day :spin: hope you managed to sort the flights out:omg:

Joan :wave:

Melbatb 19 Aug 17 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote (Post 12767137)
Nice chilled day. Man those spiders freak me out, too creepy.
Sad face at packing but hurrah to a new trip.

Still not finished the packing - last load of washing being dried at the moment :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 12767218)
What a lovely relaxing day - although who can possibly relax with spiders that size in the vicinity - not me that's for sure. For a shortie who doesn't even hit 5 ft, the fan looks just the right height! Another trip, another report I'm hoping Mel?

I hope another report! I love looking back on them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12767303)
A nice relaxing day :spin: hope you managed to sort the flights out:omg:

Joan :wave:

We have checked in - the three adults are in the emergencyexit row and F is across the aisle (she was ok with that so we all got extra leg room!)

Now just photographing the last sunset :(

LuvPluto 19 Aug 17 07:53 PM

A lovely relaxing day. Great photos especially the evening ones :)

OB1LukeLucas 19 Aug 17 08:43 PM

Pleased you got some fish in the end-F is really the champion! Hope your check in gets sorted. (We did the surprise reveal this morning for the kids, they are delighted but it's definitely a quiet excitement!)

Melbatb 21 Aug 17 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvPluto (Post 12771088)
A lovely relaxing day. Great photos especially the evening ones :)

We needed a relaxing day! I was pleased with all my photos (drives the rest of the family mad though ;) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas (Post 12771177)
Pleased you got some fish in the end-F is really the champion! Hope your check in gets sorted. (We did the surprise reveal this morning for the kids, they are delighted but it's definitely a quiet excitement!)

The kids have really warmed up to the SoCal trip! I just need to get things booked ;)

jocat 10 Sep 17 11:04 PM

You need to give a warning at the start of each day's trippie, if that day contains a spider photo -I'm getting one hell of a fright as I scroll. :D