theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 20 - Walking And Tubing - Again! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=977383)

Melbatb 19 Aug 16 03:08 AM

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 20 - Walking And Tubing - Again!

The day started a little overcast!

We had the usual breakfast - trying to use up all the food as in Montreal we are in a hotel!

After a leisurely start to the day, we headed into town. The plan was a coffee stop at Tim Hortons then onto le Parc des Chutes again to do the trails we didn't do on Monday.

This wad my $1 iced coffee. Has to be said that it is far cheaper in Tim's than in Starbuck's!

As we were later arriving at the Parc it was a bit busier than earlier in the week.

We came across this tiny frog - we have seen a lot of these this holiday.

I live the noise a waterfall makes!

We had looked at the possible eating out options before leaving the house and chose "Le Boke"

DH had a brie and pear compote toastie with salad.

The kids both had the salmon burger and fries. Both declared it delicious.

I had a tuna wrap and fries which was also yummy.

I mentioned the sawdust mountain the other day. DH researched it and it seems that the local industry is paper making - for food packaging mainly. The sawdust is their raw product. The smell in the town can be quite off putting! Thankfully our house is far away!

We decided to spend the afternoon at the house.

First activity was fishing!

Then a lot of rapid riding. The kids and DH walked up the road to make for a longer ride. It was apparently faster too!

Time was also spent in the hot tub!

Eventually we had dinner - a clear out of the fridge plus smores made on the microwave - DD loved how they expanded!

I was well behaved and didn't partake tonight.

I did lots of washing, drying and packing so there isn't much to do tomorrow!

app 19 Aug 16 03:29 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 19 Aug 16 3:29 AM.

Jake71 19 Aug 16 09:12 AM

What a lovely day, relaxing and fun. I'm loving the smores - never had them so that's on the list of foods to try.

mick 19 Aug 16 09:59 AM

A great day:spin:

Joan :wave:

Loopylooloo 19 Aug 16 01:50 PM

Looks lovely, especially those chips! Another really nice day :)

JoS 19 Aug 16 02:16 PM

Another lovely relaxing day. Will you be sad to leave? Montreal will be very different to here. Thanks for sharing.

Bianca 22 Aug 16 01:53 PM

Moving on again. :( Mind you, I've read so many (lovely) days together it seems even sooner! :D

The sawdust mountain is amazing - glad you were far enough away from the ...aroma, though!

Another day of delicious-looking food, river rapids, and lovely countryside. :thumbs-up:thumbs-up

Melbatb 27 Aug 16 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 11916274)
What a lovely day, relaxing and fun. I'm loving the smores - never had them so that's on the list of foods to try.

We only ever make them on holiday! Walmart does Smores kits. It should be chocolate but we use nutella!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 11916375)
A great day:spin:

Joan :wave:

Thanks Joan :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 11917000)
Looks lovely, especially those chips! Another really nice day :)

I don't make chips at home (can't stand the smell ;) ) so having them out is a treat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoS (Post 11917057)
Another lovely relaxing day. Will you be sad to leave? Montreal will be very different to here. Thanks for sharing.

Montreal was certainly different! We still managed to mess around in a lake ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bianca (Post 11926376)
Moving on again. :( Mind you, I've read so many (lovely) days together it seems even sooner! :D

The sawdust mountain is amazing - glad you were far enough away from the ...aroma, though!

Another day of delicious-looking food, river rapids, and lovely countryside. :thumbs-up:thumbs-up

The days here did go quickly but we only had 5 nights!

We are all suffering withdrawal symptoms though!

disney owl 29 May 17 06:45 PM

good relaxing day

Melbatb 29 May 17 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney owl (Post 12562165)
good relaxing day

I agree :D - makes me exited to go back ahain this summer!