theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 23 - Wet And Wild (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=978090)

Melbatb 22 Aug 16 02:26 AM

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 23 - Wet And Wild

We started the day at a diner recommended by reception - it was about a 10 minute drive. Coffee was unlimited!

Three of us had the two eggs which came with potatoes, toast and fruit.

DS had one that also had cinnamon french toast.

It was all really nice and a very reasonable C$35.

We would need the energy it gave us later!

DD had seen advertised an inflatable water park. We tracked it down as aquazilla on the beach in the middle of the F1 circuit.

We caught the metro and then a bus to get there. We had to pay to get into the beach area and then again for the inflatable park. Total was C$67 - this was for one hour on the park. I decided I may as well have a go even though I am the most unbalanced person you could hope to meet!

You had to swim about 50m. We were all kitted out with life jackets. My first problem was actually getting on it. I had to be dragged on by DH - the shame ;)

Then once on, as it wobbled so much, I was completely useless at moving so I just plonked myself down on the side of the trampoline and watched the others.

The kids and DH loved it and we laughed a lot as they fell over and pushed each other in.

After the hour was up they asked if they could stay another hour (C$30 more) and we agreed.

I ended up swimming back half way through the second session as it gad started to rain - so I could put our bags under shelter.

We were lucky in that 10 minutes after they came out they closed it down as it was too wet and windy.

You can see how wet it was! We just missed the bus too so had to wait 15 minutes - thankfully not in the rain!

We decided to head back to the food court at the Eaton Centre. Similar meals to the other day were purchased! We are very much creatures of habit!

Dessert was at one of those yoghurt ice cream places - I didn't have one but everyone else did. Lots of different toppings!

This is what I looked like when we eventually got back. We had had a browse again but nothing took our fancy so we got the metro back. There was a long wait as there had been an incident along the line.

Once we got to our stop, we saw it was really bucketing down. We made a run for it. Let's say we were very very wet. We all changed then DH and I went to dry everything so as to avoid soggy bags!

Dinner was at Pizza Hut. Not my favourite but it filled a hole.

We headed back to pack. We were all very tired!

app 22 Aug 16 03:07 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 22 Aug 16 3:07 AM.

Amiee89 22 Aug 16 07:27 AM

Looks like a Great day! X

THE WIZARD 22 Aug 16 07:35 AM

What a brill day, love the way they make the most of every thing outdoors come rain snow or sunshine. Enjoy every minute.

Loopylooloo 22 Aug 16 07:38 AM

That looks so fun! Another lovely day, despite the rain.

mick 22 Aug 16 08:47 AM

A fun filled day:spin:

Joan:wave:

Jake71 22 Aug 16 08:50 AM

Great fun on the inflatables on the water, shame about the rain though.

Cutiepie 22 Aug 16 09:00 AM

Inflatables look fun & my kids would love it... We have a smaller version in our local pool but I haven't tried it as I would probably die of shame;)

We have just booked flights to Toronto for next year... I have never been before so a whole new holiday to research & plan:)

Bianca 22 Aug 16 02:11 PM

A very wet day! But fun! :d:

And that cinnamon french toast... :tongue:

JoS 22 Aug 16 04:50 PM

What a fun day and so glad the rain did not spoil it for you all. Food looks yummy:)