theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Help - jammit up 4.50pw - finite inc global (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1116163)

Eeyorefanuk 11 Feb 19 02:49 PM

Help - jammit up 4.50pw - finite inc global

Hi
Received a text this morning as attached
I was not on internet/phone etc at time as in work
It says to text stop but worried to do that
I have not signed up for anything
Anyone else had this? Do I ring 02?
Any help appreciated

mickey house 11 Feb 19 02:57 PM

Don't text or call them, but call O2 who will sort it.

There are so many scams going around. My mate keeps getting pop up messages on his laptop saying he was been on adult websites and he has to pay a fine or the police will be involved. He's never paid anything but his laptop needs sorting as it causes issues.

Loftus 11 Feb 19 02:57 PM

Get in touch with O2, complain and get them to apply a premium rate bar to your account.

Eeyorefanuk 11 Feb 19 03:12 PM

Thanks all :)
Rung 02 and they put bar on that number and any future premium rate numbers
Thank you again

Omega1 11 Feb 19 05:50 PM

Something similar happened to Mrs Omega but she ignored it and was paying £1.50 per week from her phone credit for gym workout routines! She had deleted the text so couldn’t send stop. Her phone provider found the text and she stopped it - she also contacted the company who refunded the amounts taken. It appears it is a legal scam, if there is such a thing.

Eeyorefanuk 11 Feb 19 07:43 PM

Isn’t it dreadful
I know I didn’t accidentally click on something so god knows how can do it
02 have barred it so fingers crossed but will keep eye on charges

Eeyorefanuk 19 Feb 19 10:06 PM

Hi me again

As you know I rang and they told me it was sorted

The following day I checked my balance and 4.50 had been taken out by the company even though I was told it was sorted. Rang 02 again to be told all def ok and the 4.50 even though wasn’t showing in original call it must been in the system

Told they will refund and all def ok

Today another 4.50 taken out :( rang back to be told to text STOP to the company) Really not happy and worried about texting them stop. I did get text from 02 as well saying stop and the number. She also said they should put bar on third party instead premium rates she has done this but why did the other two not say or do this.

Shall I ring complaints tomorrow before I do anything? I feel going round in circles as now spoke three people

katiec68 19 Feb 19 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk (Post 13698291)
Hi me again

As you know I rang and they told me it was sorted

The following day I checked my balance and 4.50 had been taken out by the company even though I was told it was sorted. Rang 02 again to be told all def ok and the 4.50 even though wasn’t showing in original call it must been in the system

Told they will refund and all def ok

Today another 4.50 taken out :( rang back to be told to text STOP to the company) Really not happy and worried about texting them stop. I did get text from 02 as well saying stop and the number. She also said they should put bar on third party instead premium rates she has done this but why did the other two not say or do this.

Shall I ring complaints tomorrow before I do anything? I feel going round in circles as now spoke three people

I would ring and complain - shocking service from O2 as there was clearly an issue they didnt sort out!

I got some kind of virus, DH had to reset my phone etc and I thought nothing of it. Next thing I knew I had £24 taken out for a book subscription before I noticed :mad2::mad2:

O2 put a block on all external charges! But I was soo cross that id not read the text message with the charges the first time round - the
b££££££rds! :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Eeyorefanuk 19 Feb 19 10:19 PM

I have been with them for years and always found them good it’s just I don’t have a clue about these things and know replying to things can make things worse hence asking for advice

I think I will ring complaints before I text stop 🛑

Next thing is finding the complaints part when you ring as they don’t mention it as an option