theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Is this enough time to change at Philadelphia? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180780)

Brewers 26 Sep 20 12:16 PM

Is this enough time to change at Philadelphia?

I'm looking at landing on a Tuesday evening in August in Philly at 19:43 & the connecting flight to Manchester is 21:10, do you think this will give us enough time? We'll be travelling with hand luggage only.

Thanks in advance.

BevS97 26 Sep 20 12:21 PM

I make that 1 hr 27min? Luggage won’t make much difference on a return flight and there is no immigration so you should be fine.

Bear in mind boarding starts a good 30 minutes before departure so go straight to the gate.

Gryff 26 Sep 20 12:23 PM

Not for me I won’t look,at anything less than 2 hours on the way home particularly in the summer months afternoon thunderstorms can play havoc with flights
The luggage makes no difference on the way home as it’s chevked all the way through
Some will say it’s fine but it’s a long wait till the next flight to Manchester if you miss it

BevS97 26 Sep 20 12:24 PM

As gryff says, the risk is that the Orlando flight is delayed. Is there an earlier Orlando flight that links up with the same Manchester flight.

Hecky78 26 Sep 20 12:54 PM

We have done a similar return flight time and we found it not a problem.

Brewers 26 Sep 20 12:54 PM

Cheers everyone, much appreciated, I'd prefer the earlier flight from Orlando, Mrs Brewers wants this one... so I guess we know which one it'll be!

nanu 26 Sep 20 02:51 PM

I'd opt for an earlier flight. Philli airport is really nice with a good food court. Have done this a couple of times and taken the 2pm flight from MCO. The time honestly passes quickly once you've had a mooch and a meal. I'd sooner spend the time in the airport than fretting I would miss my connecion to the UK.

sky13 26 Sep 20 03:15 PM

I agree with the concerns about the flight from Orlando being delayed - I've had a couple of delayed flights flying out from Orlando (one to Newark one to Washington DC) and it's not fun when you become worried about missing your connecting flight, especially if the connecting flight is the last one of the day (as was the case for my DC connection where I practically ran through the airport with my hand luggage and only just got to the gate as boading was almost done)!

I'd try for 2 hours at least for a more stress free experience...

KarenG 26 Sep 20 03:25 PM

The flight times are almost bound to change between now and next August as all airlines are constantly amending their schedules in response to customer demand (or lack of), so I honestly wouldn’t worry too much :)

Bal 26 Sep 20 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewers (Post 14660163)
I'm looking at landing on a Tuesday evening in August in Philly at 19:43 & the connecting flight to Manchester is 21:10, do you think this will give us enough time? We'll be travelling with hand luggage only.

Thanks in advance.

For a return flight at philly that’s plenty. Did a 50 min change there and still had time for a quick cheese steak 😂