theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   The 'Budget Trip' $150 Per Day for Family of 5 - May 2019 **COMPLETE P14** (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131836)

caitlinsmummy 6 Jun 19 11:38 AM

The 'Budget Trip' $150 Per Day for Family of 5 - May 2019 **COMPLETE P14**

Welcome to my dining report. This was our second family trip to Florida (we went in October 2018, see the previous food report here).

This trip was a complete bargain as we weren't planning to return so soon, however, it was too good not to book. So this is a budget trip. I set a budget of $150 per day for food drinks/snacks etc. We were mainly eating in parks and on I-Drive. We had a one night stay at Disney and 1 night at Hard Rock Hotel squeezed in too.

Our party consists of:

Myself (Kelly), Husband (Chris aka Mr Grump), Caitlin (12), Thomas (10), Noah (6)

Pre Travel Day - Saturday 18th May 2019

So this is going to be a pretty short day for food as I only had 1 meal and it was just me and a friend as Mr Grump was photographing a wedding and the kids were at Grandmas :pgig:

My friend and I popped to a local pub and decided to go all out and have 3 courses ... why not start the holiday as we mean to go on :d:

I apologise now as the first few days I really struggled to get back in to taken photos of food for the report :omg:

We both had potato skins for starters which were lovely and we both really enjoyed them.

I had steak and ale pie with chips and veg for mains. I wanted the cornedbeef pie but they only had one left! :omg: So I let my friend have it as she doesn't like steak pie. Must admit the steak pie was beautiful and so much meat in it!

We were both stuffed after this so decided to try our luck and ask if we could take desserts away ... we could! :spin: I got cornflake tart and custard ... but forgot to take a photo :pgig: I ate mine around 5pm that evening just before the kids came home and this was all I ate this day! Not a very exciting start to the report I know but it does improve I promise :d: x

Kat11 6 Jun 19 11:58 AM

Looking forward to this Kelly 😋

Kat

Th1nkT1nk 6 Jun 19 12:01 PM

Looking forward to reading more :)

rfckaty 6 Jun 19 12:28 PM

Ohhh exciting!

I love budget food reports as I always stay on I-Drive so looking forward to seeing where you go and hopefully some new places for me to try will pop up.

Zellotape 6 Jun 19 12:50 PM

following along :)

theCMG 8 Jun 19 12:01 AM

can't wait for this :)

OB1LukeLucas 8 Jun 19 12:18 AM

Steak pie looks good, I love that you had potato skins and then chips too. So pleased they gave you dessert to go -I’m just slightly gutted there is no photo of the cornflake tart...is it like what you used to get at school?😊
Looking forward to seeing where you end up eating so I can steal more ideas to add to my list...

DollyDimples 8 Jun 19 05:22 AM

Looking forward to reading the rest. :)

Forest32 8 Jun 19 09:20 AM

Following. Loved your last food report.

16offtodisney! 8 Jun 19 02:35 PM

Looking forward to this...love a budget trip!