theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Bankrupt again?! March 2017 pre trippy (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1007606)

Loopylooloo 22 Feb 17 07:50 PM

Bankrupt again?! March 2017 pre trippy

It is nearly time for our second trip to Florida, this one is billed as our 'last big family holiday' before our eldest son George leaves our nest (or doesnt come with us anymore) for those who don't remember, he was quite grumpy about hanging out with us last time, followed by an announcement that he was NEVER coming on holiday with us again. So, here we are three years later, and its a miracle - George is coming too! Yay! Probably because his girlfriend is also joining us, (and he is not such a grumpy teenager anymore) phew.

Who are we?
Me, Loopy by name, loopy by nature, I am 45, I work for a cruise line, and I love wine. I have been winding the kids up by waking them marching like a stormtrooper, or playing its a small world really loudly! They love it.

My hubby, 59, Terry - who works on an Oil Rig in Norway. We are celbrating his 60th birthday while out there, and also our 20th wedding anniversary.

George, 18, and his lovely girlfriend, Bethany-Rose - her first time to Disney, and USA, she loves Mermaids, and Sephora.

And the baby, Harry, 13. Harry doesnt share food.

Last time we went to Orlando, my nanna gave us money towards our trip, we were extremely close, she wanted us to enjoy it while she could share in it all, as she had enjoyed many trips to the US herself. Bless her heart, I miss her terribly! Her she is, my nanna, 'crazy daisy'

This time, we are on more of a budget, and worse, we have NO DINING PLAN! Eeek! I have made so many ADR's I almost considered setting up a Go Fund Me account just for our food! ('Fund me fat in florida' sprang to mind) :d: When I sit and calculate what we might need, I feel faint. We have ADR's at BOG! YAk & Yeti, 'Ohana, Flying Fish, Narcoossees, Sci Fi Dine in, Garden Grill and Crystal palace. Offsite - Bahama Breeze, my favourite, Maggianos, Millers, Cheesecake factory, Outback and Longhorns.

We are staying 16 nights at the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, near Grande Lakes, I have rented points from a timeshare owner, praying that works out, and we dont end up needing a tent. Looks like a nice resort though -

Our flights - well, we originally booked a flydrive via Virgin, always wanted to try it out, having only flown BA, but, it was a staggering £1400 cheaper to fly Thomas Cook, so Thomas Cook it is! We are not on an Air Tanker, and have premium economy so it seems like a sensible idea to the new budget concious me. More money for FOOD!

We have tickets for Disney, and Universal, with an overnight at RPR for the early entry and express passes. George and Bethany are going to have a mini moon that night, while we go back to Marriott.

Have purchased lots of essential items using tips from you lovely Dibbers - Kipling bag

Luggage labels -

Planning to eat lots of this -

And this - (not technically food is it)

And very excited about dinner here -

All washed down with this! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I have planned so much, my family hate me, I am already having nightmares about forgetting stuff, and I am nowhere near getting 'Finner' as I had hoped, I think I am subconciously stretching my stomach ready for the trip!

This trip report is mostly for my mum, and Bethanys mum, and for me to look back on, but will be lovely if some of you follow along. 💜🙋

princess allie 22 Feb 17 08:36 PM

Looking forward to it

WileyCoyote 22 Feb 17 08:48 PM

Oh it will be fun ! And you must have cocktails as well as wine !
Sounds like a fab trip in the making - lots of great places to try out and get extreme couponing before hand ( is that a word?)
The resort looks lovely
And Im with Harry - not keen on sharing food either !

Hevfev 22 Feb 17 09:10 PM

Can't wait to read the rest!
The resort looks really nice :D

Lillie 22 Feb 17 10:49 PM

Reading along too :-)

Megandllsmum 22 Feb 17 10:58 PM

Loving this Louise can't wait to read more.
And the Ariel pic at the end nearly made me pee my pants :pgig::pgig::pgig::pgig::pgig:
Sam xx
PS you've so got to wear your Fitbit on holiday do I can see how many steps you rack up in our little challenges :)

Sparksy72 22 Feb 17 11:22 PM

I can't wait to ready more - I really enjoyed reading your Croatia trippie! I love your Ariel meme 😊

Loopylooloo 23 Feb 17 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess allie (Post 12307125)
Looking forward to it

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote (Post 12307172)
Oh it will be fun ! And you must have cocktails as well as wine !
Sounds like a fab trip in the making - lots of great places to try out and get extreme couponing before hand ( is that a word?)
The resort looks lovely
And Im with Harry - not keen on sharing food either !

I have begun the extreme couponing today! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hevfev (Post 12307236)
Can't wait to read the rest!
The resort looks really nice :D

Thanks - hoping it is.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillie (Post 12307633)
Reading along too :-)

Thank you :wavey:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 12307651)
Loving this Louise can't wait to read more.
And the Ariel pic at the end nearly made me pee my pants :pgig::pgig::pgig::pgig::pgig:
Sam xx
PS you've so got to wear your Fitbit on holiday do I can see how many steps you rack up in our little challenges :)

I am definitely taking the fitbit! (or Fatbit as I call it! )
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 (Post 12307723)
I can't wait to ready more - I really enjoyed reading your Croatia trippie! I love your Ariel meme 😊

Thank you - we had a lovely time in Croatia would go again.

2littleboys 23 Feb 17 12:28 PM

Sounds like such a great trip! I absolutely love your introduction, I think I might use it in the future...

Im Shona and I love wine :)

Cant wait to follow along with your adventures!

minimacka 23 Feb 17 12:58 PM

Where are those lovely luggage labels from please. x