theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What is the best freebie you have ever had? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1194463)

greekgranny 9 May 21 05:49 PM

What is the best freebie you have ever had?

Mine was being given Center Court tickets for Wimbledon.

cornishfrogboy 9 May 21 06:09 PM

Mine was an upgrade from the cheapest option room in the Hardrock to a 2 bedroom suite with a fantastic kids room.

Sew109 9 May 21 06:11 PM

If competition prizes count a 10 day unltra inclusive holiday in 5* hotel in Turkey.

If prizes don’t count then probably premium to first Upgrade from Lhr to Lax

happytraveller 9 May 21 06:14 PM

Mine was an upgrade from the most basic room I could barely afford at the then Yas Viceroy hotel to and all singing, all dancing suite with the biggest balcony I've ever seen. It was amazing! I'll never forget it. The only problem is, I could never stay in anything else there now :D

ROBBOTOO 9 May 21 06:22 PM

If the reason why doesn’t count, then after a flight incident at Gatwick (we did still get that holiday) they then gave us the option of free return flights at another time. So we had free return flights to Florida. We could have gone anywhere in the world without a change in flights. But just went back to our magical place with travel for free.

cornishfrogboy 9 May 21 06:25 PM

If prizes count, then the Wife won our honeymoon, 10 days half board in Le Tousserok Hotel and Resort in Mauritius.

duchy 9 May 21 06:29 PM

Flight and then two weeks touring around Western Australia as a travel agent , all expenses paid and the boss of the tourist board even took us out on the Swan on his yacht .
£3K from the BBC for winning a TV show
£5K on a free online scratch card when Tombola first started
£5K from Letts diaries online competition.
Upgrade from a Priceline cheapie in the Vegas strip to a massive suite with balcony.
Upgrade on PanAm from Miami to Kennedy to Heathrow from economy to first class
TWA flight attendant on a domestic flight from St Lois to Orlando guessed we were on our honeymoon and gave us a bottle of champagne as we got off .
Two free tickets to anywhere on AA’s network (my son’s first Disney trip)

My luck is either really good or really BAD !

Tinks2014 9 May 21 06:44 PM

We’re just given a massive plate of food as it’s Ramadan from our neighbours .
Delicious samosas , chicken and pakoras ..
feeling quite stuffed ..

Rac20 9 May 21 06:47 PM

Booked bed and breakfast last year for our trip to Gran Canaria - turned out to be an all inclusive hotel. Unlimited food and drink for a week.

Scotsmomma2 9 May 21 06:48 PM

After my husband had a heart attack and we lost our Orlando holiday,an amazing Dibb/FB friend gifted us a 2 night DVC stay at the Polynesian with an MK firework view.There are some wonderfully kind people on here.