theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Recommend a Panni press (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202909)

Gryff 1 Sep 21 09:46 PM

Recommend a Panni press

Well after 39 years our trusty toastie maker died this evening
It was aPhillips and was huge
All the toastie makers other than commercial look rubbish so we think a panni one would suit us better
We used our old one for toasted subs ,pita bread pita pockets etc

maidmarian 1 Sep 21 09:48 PM

What's a panni press? 🤔😂

Gryff 1 Sep 21 09:54 PM

It’s like a toastie maker but doesn’t have the section things
At the villa I use the big George Foreman adujustable height grill thing and that’s an option for here the GF takes sub rolls French bread pita pockets wraps etc just more versatile than a toastie maker A d I’ll buy one if it is more practical / useful for us

maidmarian 1 Sep 21 09:55 PM

You mean a Pannini maker?
Sorry I laughed but it sounded funny 😉
I have one and use it for those things

Gryff 1 Sep 21 09:57 PM

A regional divide I guess but always happy to bring a laugh to anyone
Makes you wonder about other things / words does it not

Andi 1 Sep 21 10:20 PM

We have the Breville VST025 Panini Press, it is £26.99 at the moment with Argos. Having previously had toasted sandwich makers, which can be difficult to clean, this is fabulous. I can do 2 toasted sandwiches or 3 paninis at a time. It is also extremely easy to clean.

If doing toasted sandwiches you don’t butter the outside of the bread the way you would with a sandwich maker, just make it as a normal sandwich and then toast.

If anything happened to the one I have I would have no hesitation in purchasing exactly the same one again. :wavey:

Gryff 1 Sep 21 10:38 PM

Andi
That’s great I’ve never ever butteredthe out side of a toastie just wiped the plates after each toastie when the maker was hot and use andca spray of oil on the plates when it’s was cool before putting away as per the instructions 39 years ago it was-a wedding present

cheekydeeky 1 Sep 21 11:21 PM

More expensive but we have a Tefal optigrill which is great as a panini press and can also be used for cooking steaks, chicken, any kind of meats - much like a George foreman but better (IMO).

Andi 2 Sep 21 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 15121260)
Andi
That’s great I’ve never ever butteredthe out side of a toastie just wiped the plates after each toastie when the maker was hot and use andca spray of oil on the plates when it’s was cool before putting away as per the instructions 39 years ago it was-a wedding present

I probably didn’t read the instructions lol :pgig:

We received 3 as Wedding Presents, one did four sandwiches and the others toasted two each. :grin:

Scotsmomma2 2 Sep 21 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky (Post 15121292)
More expensive but we have a Tefal optigrill which is great as a panini press and can also be used for cooking steaks, chicken, any kind of meats - much like a George foreman but better (IMO).

The optigrill is the best thing since sliced bread,great for panini's and does steak to perfection.I wouldn't be without mine.