theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Pizza, Pasta and Prosecco - Rome October 2021 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1207307)

Goldia 1 Nov 21 03:56 PM

Pizza, Pasta and Prosecco - Rome October 2021

Welcome to our half term city break in Rome. Lots of tasty Italian food and drink, plus quite a lot of sightseeing.

Introductions, Pre Trip and Travel Day - it seemed sensible to roll into one the intro's, planning bits and bobs and then travel day.
Day 1 - Monday 25th October The Vatican and Sistene Chapel.
Day 2 - Tuesday 26th October Colosseum, Forum and Palatine Hill.
Day 3 and 4 all rolled into one Day 3 - Wednesday 27th October Mouth of Truth, Circus Maximus, Trevi Fountain. Day 4 - Thursday 28th October Travel home day.

cornishfrogboy 1 Nov 21 03:58 PM

Looking forward to this one. I really like Rome!

Goldia 1 Nov 21 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy (Post 15196733)
Looking forward to this one. I really like Rome!

We did this as a whistlestop tour - really only had 3 days, but it was a fantastic trip. The food was delicious. I'd love to go back and maybe see it all at a more leisurely pace.

cornishfrogboy 1 Nov 21 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 15196748)
We did this as a whistlestop tour - really only had 3 days, but it was a fantastic trip. The food was delicious. I'd love to go back and maybe see it all at a more leisurely pace.

If you liked that.. have a look at Sorrento next time with Positano, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii and Herculaneum. If you like Italy and Italian food/wine, then that will really blow you away.. our last one was 14 days Sorrento, but with a 3 day break in the middle to pop up and see some more of Rome. The Naples-Rome train is awesome and takes just an hour and 12.

Goldia 1 Nov 21 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy (Post 15196767)
If you liked that.. have a look at Sorrento next time with Positano, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii and Herculaneum. If you like Italy and Italian food/wine, then that will really blow you away.. our last one was 14 days Sorrento, but with a 3 day break in the middle to pop up and see some more of Rome. The Naples-Rome train is awesome and takes just an hour and 12.

Hopefully I won't bore you too much with food photos, I know you're not a massive fan of them in your own trippies. For a capital city the prices in restaurants seemed very reasonable to us. Food and drinks for 4 people for under €70 is always good, especially when it's as tasty as it is in Rome.

My brother suggested a trip flying into Pisa, spending one day there, then onto Florence via the train as he had a sightseeing tour there a couple of years ago. I'd quite like to fit in Vesuvius and Pompeii. So, yes lots more trips to Italy to come I think. Using public transport to get around does seem hassle free.

Goldia 2 Nov 21 01:15 PM

Day 1 is up, we visited Vatican City, the Sistene Chapel and wandered around St. Peter's.

Goldia 3 Nov 21 02:37 PM

Day 2 is posted and we visited the Colosseum, forum and Palatine Hill.

Goldia 4 Nov 21 01:45 PM

I've done day 3 and 4 altogether in one post as it didn't seem worth it to leave the travel home day to a separate thread.

Click here to read the final instalment.

thanks for reading,

A x

Gill H 1 Jan 23 06:52 PM

Saving to read later!

Goldia 1 Jan 23 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 15735972)
Saving to read later!

Ooh I hope it's helpful. We enjoyed the city and I can see you've got a trip coming up in a couple of weeks. I hope you have a wonderful time.