theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Birmingham Primark from Liverpool (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128119)

Kellea 10 May 19 06:53 PM

Birmingham Primark from Liverpool

Hi Guys,

Holiday paid in full and majority of spends found so am in full 'lets get the rest of the holiday sorted' mode! I have heard great things about the new primark in Birmingham. Primark in Liverpool is ok but a lot of the things sell out pretty quickly. Do you think its worth me taking a trip down there?
My cousin and her family are joining us on this trip, its her first time and she's soooooooo exited. I thought this might be a nice road trip for us to get into the Disney spirit.
What do you guys think?

minnie29 10 May 19 07:08 PM

There’s a nice Primark in Broughton and the one in Chester is good too - both large. I can’t stand the one in Liverpool, I’m dizzy by the time I get out lol 😂 too many stairs. I’ve been thinking of a trip to the Birmingham one too, it looks fantastic!

scojos 10 May 19 07:12 PM

Bham is hell on a sat... think mk after fireworks hell.
Get there early we got there at lunchtime and it was awful... really busy xx

Kellea 10 May 19 07:21 PM

We were planning on going on Tuesday. Im definitely avoiding Saturdays !

Momofboys 10 May 19 07:23 PM

We went 2 weeks ago so some kids were still off school. It was horrendous.
Nearly 2 hour queue for the Disney cafe.

The store itself is huge and the selection of clothes will be fab, once the novelty has worn off!

I took this to send to DH, this was the end of the queue to pay. if you look into the distance you will see the tills. I said longer than flight of passage :erm:

Samski 10 May 19 07:26 PM

I live in Birmingham but haven't had the chance to venture to the new Primark yet but my brother's girlfriend has been twice and she's been disappointed both times. She said that the Disney sections are smaller than she expected so wasn't too impressed.

Take it with a pinch of salt, others may love it.

Beth_Disney 10 May 19 07:28 PM

I don’t live far from Birmingham so really want to go but I’ve seen lots of clips on IG of queues, queues and more queues!

I will go eventually but will go on a week day and get there first thing. The old Primark in Birmingham got trashed (worse than other Primarks) but was always spotless at opening time.

scojos 10 May 19 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samski (Post 13836371)
I live in Birmingham but haven't had the chance to venture to the new Primark yet but my brother's girlfriend has been twice and she's been disappointed both times. She said that the Disney sections are smaller than she expected so wasn't too impressed.

Take it with a pinch of salt, others may love it.

This is true. There is more disney stuff at my local store than bham

Kawaii 10 May 19 07:37 PM

We have been twice. I love Primark. Have to be honest that we didn't think it was anything special. There was nothing you couldn't get elsewhere.

mason1 10 May 19 07:42 PM

We live about 40 mins from Birmingham and went the other Friday before the kids went back to school (ours went back 29th). We got there early (9am), but by 10.30 it was getting very busy.

I thought the HP section was poor - the one on Oxford Street was better IMO.

They had some nice Disney items, but we didn’t buy anything. We avoided the cafe - it was very busy, and we weren’t that desperate for a Mickey waffle.

The store is huge - we found it quite overwhelming and couldn’t really find a lot, but we’re not great shoppers.

Even on a Tuesday, i’d plan to get there early.