theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Hulk what does it compare to (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133031)

jewels1207 14 Jun 19 07:29 PM

Hulk what does it compare to

I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to rides. I managed aerosmith which I loved (after the launch). I've done space mountain this trip which I've put off for years and really liked it. I'd love to do the Hulk but can't bring myself to go on it as I'm afraid. Has anyone any tips suggestions or insights into this as I'd love to go home and say I've done Hulk but it seems way too scary for me to get on the ride

YLL 14 Jun 19 07:38 PM

When you're on it, you take off very fast like on Aerosmith, and with the g forces you don't really feel you're going upside down. It's scarier to look at it from the ground than it is to ride it. I'm scared of heights but I could manage it fine... and rode it 3 times on the same day.

jewels1207 14 Jun 19 07:41 PM

The take off on aerosmith was really scary, I'm dreading it being worse on the Hulk

jewels1207 14 Jun 19 07:41 PM

Plus I'd need to single rider as we have kids with us so I'd be in the queue on my own with no one to hold my hand lol

Goldia 14 Jun 19 07:44 PM

I am also a scaredy cat and totally agree it looks so intimidating from the ground with all the track on view. I actually really enjoyed it and preferred it to rip ride Rockit, have you done that over in the other park? For me the worst part is waiting in the queue once I'm on it I'm fine, well sort of, I'm screaming all the way but in a fun way as opposed to a scared way! I'm also not that good with heights and don't do well climbing up bell towers or columns! I can't look over the edge at all. Plus I really don't get along well on cable cars or the ski lift at blizzard beach. I have to keep my eyes closed and last time at BB I swore I would not do the ski lift again as I hated it so much. However, I'm quite looking forward to going to universal and IOA this summer and I will do hulk! I know it's crazy! I'm not sure if all that helps, I'd recommend you give it a go, if you don't like it at least you will know.

Sioux 14 Jun 19 09:16 PM

This is one of my favourite coasters. It's a lovely smooth ride and I feel really securely strapped in by the over shoulder harness. Honestly I was scared to death the first time I rode and that initial wait at the start had my heart pumping but the rush it gives after take off is so worth it. I do single rider every time now and sometimes ride it multiple times in a row if it's not too busy. My tip is don't close your eyes and instead keep them on the track the whole time and it should stop you feeling sick (if you're prone to that).

GezzasGem 14 Jun 19 09:49 PM

Yes very smooth - I had to build myself up to try it too! I don't do a lot of theme park rides in the UK (hopeless at Alton towers!) but the hulk was ace - found it better than space mountain too which I think is a bit of a bone shaker 😄

Rac20 14 Jun 19 10:11 PM

If you like Aerosmith, I really think you’ll be fine. I don’t think the shooting off is worse on the Hulk but I think that might be psychological as I hate the build up to the Aerosmith ride. Seem to be sat there ages before you shoot off! With the hulk, you’re already on your way. I’m a bit of a scaredy cat (won’t go on Rip Ride Rocket or Mako) but I love the Hulk.

Unicorn13x 14 Jun 19 10:46 PM

I'm a total woos hate heights, we have been to Universal twice and last year on our last day it was my birthday and I plucked up the courage to do the Hulk and had to do it as single rider, Oh how I could kick my self for not doing it sooner it was amazing. Can't wait to go back next year and do it again. You should give it a go :-D

Runforthehills 14 Jun 19 10:58 PM

I like all the coasters but the Hulk is a real favourite. Its fast but really smooth, particularly since the refurb a couple of years ago and the restraints make you feel totally safe. I always smile from start to finish on this ride.