theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Jacks flight club (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141699)

Buttercup1982 16 Aug 19 11:08 AM

Jacks flight club

Is it worth paying the extra or is it something I can find myself just looking? Thank you x x

7SeasSailor 16 Aug 19 11:16 AM

I didn't know that you had to pay to join.

jocat 16 Aug 19 11:21 AM

There’s a free version and a paid version. You get contacted once or twice a week with the free version, but the premium version sends you notifications immediately.

I only have the free version at the moment, but am thinking of upgrading to the premium version next time they have a discounted offer. My friend has it and has booked 3 trips this year based on the deals he’s been contacted about.

Buttercup1982 16 Aug 19 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor (Post 14018427)

I've currently got the free version but just wondering if it's worth paying the extra as I want to get flights for next August 👍

Kasalic 16 Aug 19 12:07 PM

I upgraded on their last offer, and I would say it is worth it. Haven’t booked anything yet as we are not going away until after June next year, but I might be tempted by one of their weekend Europe break deals.

If you only want to go to Florida I would question it’s usefulness though.

kirstenjet 16 Aug 19 09:36 PM

I've got the premium and if you after flights I think its good but your timing needs to be flexible, there a lot more emails than on the free one.

Bozza 16 Aug 19 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor (Post 14018427)

If you get the free version, I find it hard to believe that you've not noticed the Premium upsell that is on every email you get detailing some of the offers you missed out on.

I paid for the Premium version in June figuring it's a small outlay for the chance of snagging some cheap flights to somewhere-or-other at some point over the 12 months.

Checking my Inbox, I've had c15 email offers over the last week.

Buttercup1982 16 Aug 19 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstenjet (Post 14019804)
I've got the premium and if you after flights I think its good but your timing needs to be flexible, there a lot more emails than on the free one.

I've booked the hotels already so while I could possibly amend by a couple of days I cant be too flexible 😔

Bella Girl 17 Aug 19 07:39 PM

I upgraded on their last offer and I love it. It definitely radiates happy hormones! It is worth it just for getting notifications come through during the day when I am stuck at work. It sets me off dreaming about where we could go!

stanleycamel 20 Jan 20 10:24 PM

Hate to destroy the illusion of Jack's Flight Club but Travelzoo has taken a 60% stake in it at a cost of $12million with the remaining 40% under option exerciseable in Jan 2021. But if it means an improved service in future then it could be a good thing... possibly.