theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Car from disney (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1183910)

hardly 22 Nov 20 11:21 AM

Car from disney

Anyone had a hire car from the Disney or universal area. It’s far cheaper to not use the airport on arrival and take car after 1st night.
What company and how was vehicle, did you get a choice or hard sell. Condition and age of vehicle.
Thanks

nothingless 22 Nov 20 11:30 AM

We did this. We stayed onsite for 14 nights first, and then picked up a hire car from the Swan & Dolphin car rental desk. We'd booked this online several months earlier, and booked for a convertible, hoping for a Ford Mustang.

We were staying at the Beach Club, so it was a quick walk over. The lady helping us at the car rental desk was very nice, and when we asked what type of car she had for us, she asked, what were you hoping for. We said a Mustang, and she said, yep no problem, I have one here for you! So we were over the moon. No hard sells, just quick and friendly service, and we were back at the Beach Club to pick up our luggage in no time. :)

I couldn't tell you the age of the vehicle, but it was in great shape, an absolute stunner! I wouldn't hesitate to do it this way again!

mick 22 Nov 20 11:44 AM

We've always hired a car at the airport so no experience of collecting elsewhere.

Are you staying in a WDW hotel when you want to collect the car? If so you can collect at the Disney Car Care Centre (Alamo and National) - a shuttle bus will collect you from the hotel.

When you say that it's cheaper to hire away from the airport do you mean because you save a day's hire?

Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire is highly recommended on here. We've used him 6 or 7 times in the last 4 years. I've put random dates in his web site and the rates for picking up at the DCCC are identical to MCO.

https://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk/

Mick

sunjue100 22 Nov 20 11:47 AM

We stayed at Saratoga springs for 5 nights then, picked up at the Disney car centre , booked through Andy at discount Florida car hire . It was quick and easy, good choice of cars, no queues , no hard sell. Would do it again.

mike4scuba 22 Nov 20 01:52 PM

Unless you are using the magical express or free transport from your holiday package you must factor in getting from the airport to your accommodation.

MrsBC 22 Nov 20 01:57 PM

We've picked up / dropped off at the Dolphin, with Alamo. Very quick and easy especially as we were staying at the BC!

dippiedawnie 22 Nov 20 02:01 PM

I’ve just tried to book our car for August from the Swan/Dolphin and it says the location is closed for our dates. Anyone else had that?
We always stay at Boardwalk so always pick our car up from there so gutted if they aren’t doing it anymore with everything that’s going on. Never had an issue, cars are always fine and never a service always been great.

Mr Tom Morrow 22 Nov 20 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie (Post 14727935)
I’ve just tried to book our car for August from the Swan/Dolphin and it says the location is closed for our dates. Anyone else had that?
We always stay at Boardwalk so always pick our car up from there so gutted if they aren’t doing it anymore with everything that’s going on. Never had an issue, cars are always fine and never a service always been great.

Nearly all of the hotel desk type locations are currently closed so you can’t make a booking.
It will almost certainly ease during 2021 as this Virus is consigned to history and they should reopen.

If it was me I would book an Airport one now as at least that way you can lock in a price and keep reducing it as time rolls on.
If the Hotel desks don’t reopen at least you have a back up plan.

PoohBears#1fan 22 Nov 20 03:00 PM

We've often collected a car from Disney car care centre, generally always get an upgrade also when we've booked smaller cars as they don't seem to carry many of them. They collect you from the hotel by minibus and take you there, very easy, fast and painless.

sha9 22 Nov 20 03:25 PM

We’ve collected the car from the Car Care Centre a couple of times. Last year we got a choice of 2 cars but no upgrade sell.