theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Bad villa experience anyone recommend disney hotel ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=747728)

Guest 5 Oct 13 02:55 PM

Bad villa experience anyone recommend disney hotel ?

After just returned from our first florida holiday where we stayed in a villa & had a bad experience (we got broken into )
We are now looking at 2015 and staying in a disney hotel can anyone recommend a good disney hotel there will be 6 adults & 1 child
There's so many where not sure where to start !

Thanks

Pottery 5 Oct 13 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybuffy (Post 9033492)
After just returned from our first florida holiday where we stayed in a villa & had a bad experience (we got broken into )
We are now looking at 2015 and staying in a disney hotel can anyone recommend a good disney hotel there will be 6 adults & 1 child
There's so many where not sure where to start !

Thanks

Hi thats terrible! hope all are ok! This is an open question. Depends on your budget, then you can go from there. There Value, moderate and deluxe hotels. So start with your budget. Thanks Sean

mossyflossy 5 Oct 13 03:02 PM

How awful. Hope insurance covers you.

Have a look at 2 bed villas at old key west, usually offered with free dining, although not for 2015 as of yet.

philo2 5 Oct 13 03:04 PM

That is awful for you. I hope they didn't take much. Which resort were you in?

We have stayed in a 2 bedroom in both Saratoga Springs and Old Key West and I would say OLd Key west would be perfect for you as it has a king bed in one room, 2 doubles in another a sofa bed and a chair bed in the lounge so you can have your own rooms. You could also have 2 or more rooms in any of the other disney resorts but we wanted to be together and there was 5 of us.

Loopylooloo 5 Oct 13 03:43 PM

Not a Disney Hotel but we have booked Villas of Grand Cypress, check it out on Trip Advisor, it is like number 4 out of all the hotels in Orlando right now, it is a resort, with villas, so you get a mini house, complete with kitchen/washer/dryer, but then breakfast, maid service, and a shared pool etc. The place is renowned for being a peaceful haven away from the parks but is right near to Downtown Disney and the parks, it has recently undergone a huge refurbishment and looks lush!

I am so sorry you had such a scary experience whilst on your dream holiday!

Guest 5 Oct 13 03:58 PM

Thanks everyone we were looking at a moderate/deluxe resort for disney the old key west sounds good thanks !

We were staying on the 192 in lindfields villas x

angelcake71 5 Oct 13 04:08 PM

:( so sorry you got broken into.. how horrible..

hope you have a better holiday next time you go xx

kraftikris 5 Oct 13 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybuffy (Post 9033607)
Thanks everyone we were looking at a moderate/deluxe resort for disney the old key west sounds good thanks !

We were staying on the 192 in lindfields villas x

Oh goodness, that's awful, how it didn't upset your holiday too much, we stayed in a Lindfields Villa last year. gulp! :omg:

xXxSammi88xXx 5 Oct 13 04:24 PM

How awful for you :( we're staying there i'm worried now

Guest 5 Oct 13 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx (Post 9033660)
How awful for you :( we're staying there i'm worried now

Do you know where abouts your staying where we were was very dated and noisy neighbours we drove around the lindfields estate and further up was lovely but our area wasn't too nice we were on a corner plot both gates broken and pool not nice and when the locksmith came to fix our patio doors he was shocked as it only had 1 lock no other security on there am sure you will be fine we were just unlucky and it's put me off its not a gated community and doubt I would ever stay on a community that's not gated now x