theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Pen Farthing (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202381)

Deggs 24 Aug 21 05:09 PM

Pen Farthing

Anyone else following this absolute 💩show? I’m 100% with him.

Deggs x

Bellasmummy 24 Aug 21 05:17 PM

Not sure I see the issue if he’d arranged a private flight himself. Surely the runway is big enough to accommodate that landing and taking off without affecting the others.

DISNEYALI 24 Aug 21 05:30 PM

Watching with huge interest I am friends with his brother, I've known his brother for years and he's often spoken about Penn

EssexSue 24 Aug 21 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy (Post 15111869)
Not sure I see the issue if he’d arranged a private flight himself. Surely the runway is big enough to accommodate that landing and taking off without affecting the others.

Apparently there is a shortage of Vets in the UK and his team will need very little training to be able to work here.

Deggs 24 Aug 21 05:46 PM

MoD saying they’re prioritising animals over people. As the very succinct Ricky Gervais has tweeted:
1. Animals are going in the hold where people CAN’T go,
2. It’s a privately funded plane with the capacity to take even more people to safety.

It’s so moronic!

emmabrown68 24 Aug 21 06:04 PM

I agree, it's so ridiculous. He's not even asking for military to help him get his staff and animals to the airport! I read a news article earlier in which he was reported as saying that if he can't get the animals into the plane, he'll have to euthanise them on the runway 😔. The money has been raised to cover the costs of the plane etc. I just hope the MoD have a change of heart and unblock the flight.

goodevans 24 Aug 21 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deggs (Post 15111861)
Anyone else following this absolute 💩show? I’m 100% with him.

Deggs x

Me too 👍

Ricky Gervais is spot on !

MOD🖕👎👎👎👎

ElsasGloves 24 Aug 21 07:34 PM

I’m not saying I don’t agree with the efforts to get the people and animals here…but…is the issue that all commercial flights have stopped and therefore it doesn’t look particularly good if he can arrange a commercial flight that’s been paid for when there are thousands of others stuck in Kabul that would likewise have wanted to pay for a flight out?
I think there were many people who had flights booked to travel out that obviously got cancelled when the commercial side of the airport was closed by the military. There are places for him and his staff on the military evacuation planes apparently, but not the animals I understand.
I’m just not sure that buying your way out on a commercial flight would be acceptable to the military who are running the airport when others are not in a position to do similar.

As I say, I’m absolutely not against evacuating anyone and everyone as it’s such a horrendous situation to be in, but I’m trying to work out why the request for a commercial flight is seeming to be rejected.

Megandllsmum 24 Aug 21 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves (Post 15112016)
I’m not saying I don’t agree with the efforts to get the people and animals here…but…is the issue that all commercial flights have stopped and therefore it doesn’t look particularly good if he can arrange a commercial flight that’s been paid for when there are thousands of others stuck in Kabul that would likewise have wanted to pay for a flight out?
I think there were many people who had flights booked to travel out that obviously got cancelled when the commercial side of the airport was closed by the military. There are places for him and his staff on the military evacuation planes apparently, but not the animals I understand.
I’m just not sure that buying your way out on a commercial flight would be acceptable to the military who are running the airport when others are not in a position to do similar.

As I say, I’m absolutely not against evacuating anyone and everyone as it’s such a horrendous situation to be in, but I’m trying to work out why the request for a commercial flight is seeming to be rejected.

Every bit of what’s happening in Afghanistan is a sorry bleeding mess but something about all this is strange , it’s almost as if he’s become good morning Britain’s poster boy for how things are over there…….I’m so hoping he does get things sorted and gets people out of that hell hole but something just isn’t sitting right with everything he’s saying. As an animal lover I’d love him to get all those animals out too I really hope what he said about having to euthanise them before he boards the plane was for dramatic effect 😥😥😥

EssexSue 24 Aug 21 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 15112039)
Every bit of what’s happening in Afghanistan is a sorry bleeding mess but something about all this is strange , it’s almost as if he’s become good morning Britain’s poster boy for how things are over there…….I’m so hoping he does get things sorted and gets people out of that hell hole but something just isn’t sitting right with everything he’s saying. As an animal lover I’d love him to get all those animals out too I really hope what he said about having to euthanise them before he boards the plane was for dramatic effect 😥😥😥

I don't think he will have any option if they don't let him bring them. Better that than leaving them to starve slowly.