theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   50/50 Taste of Christmas (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1208250)

sully301 13 Nov 21 09:04 PM

50/50 Taste of Christmas

I really didn't know what to call this report to be honest... but it was supposed to be in September for the 50th Anniversary celebration - i had MK booked for the 1st October. It was supposed to be celebrating a big birthday of mine earlier in the year and our 30th Wedding Anniversary. I can't actually believe i'm that old!

Anyway, its DH and I - BA allowed us to rebook and we are flying WT+ with them and staying at Coronado Springs Resort for 2 weeks. We were in Orlando in March 2020 on a quick bargain break with Donald announced he was closing down the borders. When my Mum said to me was i sure we should be going with this 'virus' around we laughed at her :confused2 working in health care we have had a couple of times before when it was all panic with only a handful of cases. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! We'd also flown with Norwegian who were threatening to go bust. That was a fun week!

DH hasn't been at Christmas since 2003 when we had little ones and it's his favourite time. I went with DD in 2012.

We're only doing Disney and shopping of course. We usually get a car for 2 weeks but as we're arriving Thanksgiving weekend we couldn't find any deals. I've managed to save £800 just by going back to the airport 2 days later to pick up a car on the Monday. It also gives me a sneaky chance to go on the Magical express one last time (DH hates it)

We have booked: Steak 71, Space 220, Crystal palace, Boma breakfast, California Grill 50th Anniversary dinner a fireworks party in MK, Toledo and i'd like to try out a few of the lounges - Tambu, Nomad, Enchanted Rose, Sanaa and Trader Sams

Quite stressed about the tests coming up especially as DH is only back from a work trip to the US on Monday. If you read one of my panicked threads a couple of weeks ago his esta got cancelled on the way to the airport so we will need to reapply on Monday evening. Please keep everything crossed for us!

lfc_sarah 13 Nov 21 09:07 PM

I hope you can finally get out there. I will be crossing everything for you!
Your plans sound great x

Sparksy72 20 Nov 21 09:29 PM

You have some brilliant plans, not long now til you can have your tests and really start to get excited. The weather looks lovely there at the moment. 😁

Goldia 21 Nov 21 07:38 PM

Your countdown is looking teeny tiny, I bet you're excited! I hope you have a marvellous trip.

TigerLily8 21 Nov 21 10:04 PM

So looking forward to reading this report. Hope you have the best time!

sully301 21 Nov 21 10:22 PM

So quick update. Esta sorted. API done. Cases packed. Christmas Decs up. Covid LFT on Thursday evening. 4 days at work. It feels surreal. Don't feel I can get as excited as normal because of the test and also DD isn't coming and I don't want to rub it in!

loldis 21 Nov 21 10:44 PM

So glad you got the ESTA sorted! :thumbs-up

dannigizmo 24 Nov 21 10:47 AM

Ooooh keep us posted. Knw what u mean about the test... like it won't be real until u get that negative result. Am sure it will be will be, have everything crossed for u!