theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   All inclusive holiday question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1094537)

Sas 12 Aug 18 10:11 PM

All inclusive holiday question

Hi
We are going to Kephalonia on an all inclusive holiday, we always holiday in a villa so abit wary. Me and DH have been disagreeing about clothes! Do most people get dressed up in the evenings? Tbh not too sure what to expect.
Thank you for any advice, i don't want to over pack x

*jovi_girl* 12 Aug 18 10:16 PM

We went all inclusive to Spain and no one dressed up there.

Megandllsmum 12 Aug 18 10:18 PM

We went all inclusive last year and I had this debate with my OH, in florida we tend to not dress up but on European holidays I always think because on an AI complex cos everyone's in their swimwear most the day they do get dressed up in an evening... That was a bit of a culture shock for my OH lol, he's a very casual fella, he did wear shorts most the time but smarter ones in the evenings and a polo shirt or smart t-shirt. I wore linen trousers and camis or smart vests a lot of the time in an evening.) some people did get very dressed up but most just looked smart. Only rule where we stayed was no swimwear in restaurant and their is a more exclusive restaurant on site where men had to wear long trousers.
Best bet would be to look on trip advisor for your hotel, people usually comment about things like dress code if there is one.

DiscoD6381 12 Aug 18 10:28 PM

Some all inclusive resorts have rules about long trousers for men at dinner but I have never seen anyone getting too dressed up.

DisneyDaffodil 12 Aug 18 10:39 PM

Depends on the resort, some have a dress code but this isn't always enforced. Not surprisingly, we find 4 or 5* hotels have a smarter dress than 3* . But even then, it is more summer dress style than evening dress and men can usually wear smart shorts and casual shirts unless long trousers are requested

EssexSue 12 Aug 18 10:47 PM

I think you dress up much more for a European holiday/cruise than an American one.

Taffy1959 12 Aug 18 10:48 PM

I think it depends on the hotel.

We came back from Rhodes 2 weeks ago, we stayed in a five star hotel and they were pretty strict in the evenings even in the buffet restaurant.
Men had to wear long trousers and they wernt allowed to wear a vest top in the reception area at any time.

hilz22 12 Aug 18 11:00 PM

On European holidays we always tend to be a bit smarter in the evening, shorts and shirt or polo for dh and a maxi dress or similar for mr. But just take a pair of trousers for your oh incase the restaurant has a no short rule

YorkshireT 12 Aug 18 11:02 PM

I stay in 2 a year. Last one in Feb I was in Belive Costa Los Gigantes (kids love it so we have to go every Feb), one before in October Princess Adriana (Rhodes ), I've been in , Iberostar etc a lot. Most say long trousers in the evening, although I've still seen people come out in shorts. I tend to wear jeans and a nice T-shirt or short sleeved shirt. My wife tends to just wear a simple dress.
I wouldn't describe any of them as 'dressed up' albeit you wouldn't be in a vest and swimming shorts on a night.
But it depends on where you go. If you go really upmarket (true 5 star, albeit they aren't usually all inclusive) the smartness increases. With kids we tend not to go to such places now.

Sas 12 Aug 18 11:13 PM

Thanks for all the replies, i was thinking maxi dresses and shirt for Dh, its a 4* hotel. I can get on with packing now.
I love you guys 😁 x