theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   is it true disneyland paris filing for bankruptcy monday? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=833942)

Imagineer2802 5 Oct 14 08:47 PM

I think Peter H might be a shareholder ;)

He's right though...I'm a shareholder too, and it would be odd if we heard nothing. That said, there are so many shareholders they aren't going to tell the ones that don't matter (ie us!) until the deal is done anyway.

I hope nothing too dramatic happens as I've just booked my first trip there for next June!

Melanie R 5 Oct 14 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 (Post 10109982)
I think Peter H might be a shareholder ;)

He's right though...I'm a shareholder too, and it would be odd if we heard nothing. That said, there are so many shareholders they aren't going to tell the ones that don't matter (ie us!) until the deal is done anyway.

I hope nothing too dramatic happens as I've just booked my first trip there for next June!

If you have enough shares, make sure you've joined the shareholders club to get your discount card and access to Salon Mickey, the shareholders lounge - enjoy your first trip :)

3Lions 5 Oct 14 09:07 PM

If the debt keeps on rising, there are two options: a) close the doors or b) have the creditors take a hit on what they will receive, i.e. Write off some of the debt. If DLP closes, the creditors get nothing, so it would be in their interest to at least discuss the situation with Disney. Who is on the Board for DLP? Major creditors may want more of a say as to how it is run in order to try to make inroads into the debt.

blusteryday 5 Oct 14 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Lions (Post 10110040)
If the debt keeps on rising, there are two options: a) close the doors or b) have the creditors take a hit on what they will receive, i.e. Write off some of the debt. If DLP closes, the creditors get nothing, so it would be in their interest to at least discuss the situation with Disney. Who is on the Board for DLP? Major creditors may want more of a say as to how it is run in order to try to make inroads into the debt.

Very true. Of course, these are not binary options either. They could decide to do both. Who remembers when Eurodisney first opened, and the park was closed Mondays and Tuesdays? They could do something similar whilst at the same time restructuring the debt. Oh well, less than 12 hours to find out what's really happening (probably an announcement of a new cupcake).

Peter H 5 Oct 14 10:59 PM

Something needs to be done. It does make no sense to be so busy and so in debt but there it is. Interestingly the website for DLP now looks very like the WDW one. Could be just unifying the look or could it be that WDC are planning a buyout who knows.

caspdex 6 Oct 14 07:39 AM

Press release
http://translate.google.com/translat...uro-Disney.pdf

blusteryday 6 Oct 14 07:54 AM

Debt restructure :

LONDON (Reuters) - Euro Disney said on Monday it had agreed a 1 billion euro funding deal backed by its largest shareholder, the Walt Disney Co , which includes a share sale and a debt restructuring, to allow it to invest in the business.
Euro Disney, based in an eastern suburb of Paris, is 40 percent owned by parent Walt Disney and 10 percent by the Saudi prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud.
The plan includes a rights issue of 420 million euros open to all shareholders and backed by Walt Disney. The company said the move would improve the cash position of Euro Disney by about 250 million euros.
In addition, about 600 million euros of the group's debt owed to Walt Disney will be converted into equity, while credit lines extended to Euro Disney by its parent will also be consolidated

kk20 6 Oct 14 08:12 AM

So basically wda have cut the debt, existing debt reatructured and hopefully a profit can be made.

caj 6 Oct 14 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blusteryday (Post 10110766)
Debt restructure :

LONDON (Reuters) - Euro Disney said on Monday it had agreed a 1 billion euro funding deal backed by its largest shareholder, the Walt Disney Co , which includes a share sale and a debt restructuring, to allow it to invest in the business.
Euro Disney, based in an eastern suburb of Paris, is 40 percent owned by parent Walt Disney and 10 percent by the Saudi prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud.
The plan includes a rights issue of 420 million euros open to all shareholders and backed by Walt Disney. The company said the move would improve the cash position of Euro Disney by about 250 million euros.
In addition, about 600 million euros of the group's debt owed to Walt Disney will be converted into equity, while credit lines extended to Euro Disney by its parent will also be consolidated

I didn't understand a word of that!

avvy-xo 6 Oct 14 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caj (Post 10110800)
I didn't understand a word of that!

Nor me!