theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   More (Port) Adventures in Salou - May 18 (COMPLETE) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1084549)

HEMANCLOFTY 10 Jun 18 06:15 PM

More (Port) Adventures in Salou - May 18 (COMPLETE)

More (Port) Adventures in Salou - May 2018

Hello Dibb friends :wavey::wavey::wavey:

This is a trip report for our holiday to PortAventura in Salou during May half term.

We are Ems (37), Rich (37-again;)) and Tom (13) - also known as the Huxwolds...

We stayed at the Dorada Palace Hotel, which is a 20-25 minute walk to PortAventura World and a 12 minute walk to the beach, and we had 7 day tickets, purchased from Attraction tickets Direct for £107 each - these gave us 4 days at PortAventura, 1 day at Ferrari Land (with same day access to PortAventura) and 2 days at Caribe Aquatic Waterpark.

We arrived back from our trip in the early hours of Tuesday morning, so I've spent most of yesterday (Saturday) sorting through my 2000 photos and today (Sunday) getting started on my trip report. We are already planning our next adventure (Germany in August), so I'm hoping to get this one posted fairly quickly.

We had an amazing time and really fell in love with PortAventura during our 2nd visit and I can't wait to share it with you all, so here goes...

Pre-trippie

Travel Day - Mon 28th May
EMA to REUS with Ryan Air

Day 1 - Tues 29th May
PortAventura

Day 2 - Weds 30th May
Ferrari Land & PortAventura

Day 3 - Thurs 31st May
Caribe Aquatic Waterpark

Day 4 - Fri 1st June
PortAventura

Day 5 - Sat 2nd June
Hiking in the Mountains with Routing Costa Dorada

Day 6 - Sun 3rd June
Beach & PortAventura

Day 7 - Mon 4th June
PortAventura and Travel Home

Summary

Thanks for reading along :grin:

HEMANCLOFTY 17 Jun 18 02:38 PM

Day 1 - PortAventura, now added :)

luckystrikes 26 Jun 18 04:41 PM

We are away to Salou In September so enjoying this trip report. Read your other one and helped with some ideas for dinner etc. Thanks 👍

HEMANCLOFTY 17 Feb 19 10:54 PM

I finally got around to writing up Day 5.

Sorry for the delay, I got a bit waylaid towards the back end of last year – with lots of UK theme park days and a Germany / Netherlands theme park road trip in October (hopefully, I’ll get around to writing that up soon, as it was awesome!).

I'm off work for half term, so should hopefully get this one finished over the next couple of days :)

HEMANCLOFTY 18 Feb 19 12:54 PM

Day 6 is here (I'm back on a roll) :)

HEMANCLOFTY 20 Feb 19 06:52 PM

Day 7 and the Summary are now up - thanks for reading along, and for your patience between updates :)

Beth_Disney 17 Mar 19 10:47 PM

Thanks for writing your report. I found a really good price for a holiday to Salou in April and your trip report made me book it!
We’re a bit further from the theme park but staying all inclusive so we’re planning on getting a 2 day pass and going by taxi.
I’ve noted a few of your restaurants just in case the A/I buffet gets boring but for £300 each during the school holidays I won’t be complaining!

HEMANCLOFTY 31 Mar 19 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney (Post 13739486)
Thanks for writing your report. I found a really good price for a holiday to Salou in April and your trip report made me book it!
We’re a bit further from the theme park but staying all inclusive so we’re planning on getting a 2 day pass and going by taxi.
I’ve noted a few of your restaurants just in case the A/I buffet gets boring but for £300 each during the school holidays I won’t be complaining!

Thank you. Your plans sound fab - have a great trip 😀👍🏻🎢