theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Nighttime Spectacular Will Debut at Magic Kingdom 12 May (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1005135)

Stu 9 Feb 17 04:25 PM

New Nighttime Spectacular Will Debut at Magic Kingdom 12 May

1 Attachment(s)
inline imageHappily Ever After, a new nighttime spectacular that replaces wishes will debut at Disney's Magic Kingdom on 12th May 2017. The new show will combine the magic of Disney storytelling, beloved Disney characters, fireworks and much more.

Wishes has been 'wowing' guests at the Magic Kingdom since 9 October 2003 and will have its final performance on 11 May 2017

For anyone that has a Wishes cruise or Wishes Dessert Party booked for 12 May and after, all bookings will become the Happily Ever After cruise or Happily Ever After Dessert Party.

from disney parks blog...
"The spectacular will inspire guests to seek out and find their own 'Happily Ever After' by showcasing some of the greatest adventures Disney characters have taken to achieve their dreams.

The show will feature the latest fireworks and pyrotechnics and original animation, plus a heart-tugging original score. And thanks to the inclusion of state-of-the-art projection mapping technology, more Disney characters than ever before will be featured in the show, including moments from “Moana,” “Brave,” “Big Hero 6,” “Zootopia,” “The Princess & The Frog,” “Aladdin” and many others."

Andi 9 Feb 17 05:06 PM

Oh that looks very exciting, roll on November as this is definitely a must see. :thumbs-up

tiger01204 9 Feb 17 06:09 PM

Mixed emotions.

beautybutterfly 9 Feb 17 06:13 PM

Thank goodness I'll see wishes one more time

tracey1302 9 Feb 17 06:16 PM

Oh my god. I'm devastated. This is happening just before we go for honeymoon and we were so looking forward to showing Wishes to our friends. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

A little warning might have been nice. Even though they're giving us three months... :blush:

flo-tinka 9 Feb 17 06:16 PM

Can't...breathe...no more Wishes...help :cry:

tracey1302 9 Feb 17 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo-tinka (Post 12274798)
Can't...breathe...no more Wishes...help :cry:

I'm seriously gonna need counselling. :cry:

JulesAyr 9 Feb 17 06:27 PM

I have a wishes cruise booked - I wonder what happens to that?

Guest 9 Feb 17 06:31 PM

Oh my. Gutted about this. I understand they have to change, I get that. At least give people a chance to see it again, as only 3 months notice isn't enough. Should have announced / planned this to be something like "the last year of wishes" to give people a chance to witness the magic one last time.

mrsmagoo 9 Feb 17 06:44 PM

I am absolutely gutted by this news. Wishes means so so much to me and i always end up with tears rolling down my face when i watch it. It hold so much emotions for me and I know when i see it that i am in disney. I actually want to cry lol. We have done our planning so i can see it as much as i can, looks like we will change that now.

I actually cant believe they are changing it.