theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Sci-Fi or 50s prime time? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1006309)

Guest 15 Feb 17 07:53 PM

Sci-Fi or 50s prime time?

My girls are undecided, any thoughts or recommendations please. OOP so would like to make the most of the experience.
Thank you.

loola30 15 Feb 17 07:55 PM

I didn't want to do 50s Prime Time as I wouldn't like the interaction but we loved Sci-Fi, and my boys thought sitting in a car for dinner was fantastic!

Geordieprincess 15 Feb 17 08:02 PM

We had both on our list but only ended up with one day at the Studios so we sacrificed our Prime Time reservation. Loved Sci Fi though - really felt like we were at a drive in.

Bozza 15 Feb 17 08:07 PM

I've done both and really didn't rate 50s Prime Time but for some unknown reason we booked it again for last year and I'm so glad we did as it was fantastic. Our kids (then 6 and 13) really loved the interaction with the server. It was great fun and the food was decent.

I don't think there's a wrong choice here, but if I could only do one again I'd probably go for 50s Prime Time.

Guest 15 Feb 17 08:09 PM

Thank you for your replies.
We just can't decide. Might have to toss a coin for it!

Gaston77 15 Feb 17 09:42 PM

Tough one. Two completely different experiences with 50s Prime Time providing some humour at my expense (I didn't finish my veg and server announced this to the whole restaurant) whereas SciFi had a bit more of a novelty feel about it to the kids. In our experience, we preferred Sci-Fi simply because the kids enjoyed the food more.

No1 Babe 15 Feb 17 09:50 PM

50s prime time was crap , totally yuck. I'd opt for anywhere bar there.

LexiBantam 15 Feb 17 09:54 PM

We haven't done Sci Fi, so can't comment on that, but we were very disappointed with Prime Time. We got next to not interaction from our server, despite my kids trying their hardest to get "told off" (elbows on the table, looking at their phones, keeping a hat on, leaving food) It seems to be a bit hit and miss ...

MamaG 15 Feb 17 10:17 PM

I prefer 50's prime time diner. We did both last year and although my mother LOVED her steak at sci fi I found it a bit dark in there. I loved prime time, we'll be going there next year xx

0420wilmut 15 Feb 17 10:38 PM

We've done both. I was actually terrified in 50's Prime Time - I was made to sing "I'm a little teapot" because I hadn't eaten my greens - which might I add, had had their brains boiled out! My DH and eldest DS loved the interaction but my youngest DS and I had "diarrhoea" we were that nervous!
Personally, we love Mama Melrose!
Edit - just read your countdown, sorry to hear about your husband. You must be having a difficult time! I hope your holiday goes as well as can be expected!